Use for old runninng boards

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Use for old runninng boards
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 07:36 pm:

The braces are two end wrenches welded end to end. Not mine. Found pic on internet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

So what are they being used for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 08:45 pm:

This is what I did with some extra ones I had - accessories display.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dane Hawley Near Melbourne Australia on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 05:39 am:

I made regular deliveries to a business in South Melbourne, IIRC it was Henderson Springs. Their store room was set up with wooden supports for the shelving which consisted, as far as I could see, of Model T running boards- all N.O.S.

I commented on them and admired them saying that I would very much like a pair. A few weeks later, the storeman pointed to a large brown paper parcel on the floor and said that it was for me. Yes, a pair of the running boards.

Unfortunately I didn't manage to find a car to put them on, and the TT that I had at the time, I had to part with, but that is another story.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:02 am:

So what are they being used for? Is that a shelf in the first pic?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:39 am:

I think it was Dave Huson that posted a few years ago about T running boards being used for a fence.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:15 am:

Make for good fenders on a trailer :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Or seat platform on a doodlebug:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 01:26 pm:

My dad worked at the Ford Highland Park Plant, where most of the Model T's were made. He was there after the T era, when they made Ford tractors there, (on the T assembly lines). A coworker of his knew he liked T's and took him high up into one of the crane ways to show him how the catwalks were all made from NOS T running boards. Probably still there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

More pictures.
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Model-T-Running-Board-Shelf-WITH-Ford-Wrenches-O NE-OF-A-KIND-Repurposed-PATINA/91242941

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Ken Todd: Yes I did comment on a corral built by 400 running boards. It belonged to my oldest boys father in law. I used to be able to take a poor one to his ranch and take a mint one of the corral fence and replace it with a poorer one. I wish I had taken a picture of it. The were placed two high which is just right for a corral fence. The person that built the fence back when you could go to a junk yard and get all the running boards you wanted died and the ranch sold. I often wonder what happened to all the running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

You could always make a running board tool box like this. Jim
toolboxtoolboxtoolbox

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Dang It Ron, I thought I might be the first to do the running board floor thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:00 pm:

Chad - someone beat you to it about 85 years ago on my T/IHC mower. Battery box is also made from running board sections.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Journey on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 01:12 am:

Someone mentioned a fence built from running boards, and that got me thinking. If there were 15 million model T's built, that's 30 million running boards. I'm guessing they are about 8 inches wide. I don't have one handy. Well if you took all those running boards and used them as fence pickets, standing vertically... They'd make a fence over 3780 miles long. That's a lot of running boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Blancard, Fredericksburg Va on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 10:26 am:

I have some new ones I have no use for. This gives me some ideas!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration