St. Louis PSCO Trolley Line - WesternRailImages- an interesting website

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: St. Louis PSCO Trolley Line - WesternRailImages- an interesting website
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:29 pm:

I think most here will find this interesting.

Herbhttp://www.westernrailimages.com/Trolley-Street-Cars-Light-Rail/St-Louis-PSCO-Tr olley-Line/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 09:46 pm:

Oh, yes. Until December 1949, we lived on Drexel Drive in University City. In the summer of 1949, my parents got me a library card at the University City Public Library. I was allowed (at the age of 7!) to go down to the foot of our street and take the streetcar to the U City Loop, go to the library, turn in a book and check out a new one, then ride the streetcar back to Drexel. I think the cost was a nickel. A lo-o-o-ong time ago... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 10:04 pm:

Kenosha WI and Toronto still run PCC cars. Anyone else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, March 30, 2015 - 11:38 pm:

Ya, Dave, Kenosha laid new tracks on a short route about 20 years ago. It's a boondogle, as hardly anyone rides them most of the time. Often it's just the engineer going around empty.

Now the Mayor wants to add more tracks because the Federal Gov't. will pay about 80% of the installation cost = about $12 Million.

It's a waste of taxpayers money.

Just my opinion.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Brewer - NorCal on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 12:10 am:

San Francisco has a large fleet of PCC's, Peter Witt, and other various vintage streetcars that see daily use on several lines.

http://www.streetcar.org/streetcars/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 03:51 am:

I remember those things, loved to ride them when I was a kid, Kansas City got rid of there's years before. When my dad was a kid, they would hide in the bushes and the trolly stoped to unload and pic up passengers, they'd run out and pull the cord on back and hook the car from the overhead power lines. They learned all kinds of new cuss words.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration