OT Bliss car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT Bliss car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 09:29 am:

I just came across this picture of my first “old car ride” with my Mother and Father and two older Brothers in 1959. You're never to young to start in the hobby.Bliss

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 09:32 am:

That is one cool pic - thanks for sharing!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Where's the car now, Bruce ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 10:15 am:

I think that is a wonderful picture and you were very lucky to have had parents with the means and vision to get you thinking/started!!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:31 am:

Bruce, great pic. Now we know where you get it. Never mind a grandfather worked on the experimental T too....

Thank you for posting,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Here is my Father and Grandmother on the same day.bliss car

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

There is a registry of Bliss Surreys, I forget where. One of the museums I used to curate has one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

It's a curved dash Olds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 06:45 pm:

Should have said it's a replica Curved Dash Oldsmobile made by Bliss Surreys.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Bruce, It would be interesting to know more about your familys Bliss... The internet says: "The Bliss Company, of Canton, Ohio produced 500 all steel curved dash oldsmobile replicas in 1958."

There was an authentic curved dash Olds running in the 2014 4th of July Templeton, Ca parade. Very cute.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:13 pm:

They are very well made, but the DOT shut them down after 3 years because they were not deemed safe by the standards of 1958. They run about 6500 restored nowadays if you can find one. They have a Cushman scooter engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 01:39 am:

And their brass headlights/sidelights/taillights have brass cracking, very bad! hard to find a decent set nowadays. There's over a hundred surreys in the registry, if I remember correctly. Some came with a top, and the museum's has a windshield of sorts, but I think it was added by a previous owner.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 05:34 am:

In 1958 the original Cuved Dash Oldsmobiles were 51-57 years old. This year the Bliss Surreys are 57 years old too :-)

Here's a AACA forum posting on the registry: http://forums.aaca.org/f204/bliss-surrey-owners-wanted-269022.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:05 am:

John/Steve, Unfortunately we did not own it. We were having fun that day. They were built here in the Canton area by friends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:22 am:

Cool Bruce ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 07:28 pm:

You can build your own.
http://www.horselesscarriagereplicas.com/plans.html

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration