Postal jackpot

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Postal jackpot
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 12:06 pm:

Yesterday's mail brought the East Central Kansas T's newsletter, The Vintage Ford, my MTFCA renewal notice, a 25 year MTFCI pin from Steve Bumgarner, and an oil filler cap from Russ Furstnow. My box runneth over. :-) Thanks to all the folks who provided the goodies.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Great! Will you be posting a picture of your new oil filler cap to further fuel the fire over which cap is correct? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

You sure are lucky, all I got yesterday was cold wet feet!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 05:57 pm:

Looking in mailbox and saying(in Charlie Brown voice): "I got Bills."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:42 pm:

Same here, David! :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bumgarner on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Steve, Hope you enjoy your 25 year membership pin.

Steve Bumgarner

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:38 pm:

Here you go, Mark.

For those who missed the great controversy, it went like this: The Rodda book says this is the right cap for 1915. Royce said no, the book was mistaken, it should be the same cap as 1914. For my late 1915 car (June 17) the encyclopedia seems to side with Rodda. I don't want to dis Royce, because I have a great deal of respect for his Model T knowledge, but until I see documentation I going with McCalley and Rodda. This one will get a new paint job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 09:27 pm:

The Encyclopedia says that the change "on paper" from brass to steel occurred in late Feb. of '14, and the change from 6 flutes to three occurred in late April of '15. So about half of the '15 production had the steel 6-flute cap and the latter half had the 3-flute. I'd say that Steve now has the correct cap for his 6/15 car.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration