Neat '15 touring on eBay

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Neat '15 touring on eBay
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:38 pm:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Touring-/271818803810?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f49a9ca62&item=271818803810&rmvsb=true

Typical 1915 touring except for the accessory winter top. No rivet behind the front seat on the body, with wood doors below each seat in the wood seat frames.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 07:55 pm:

Royce: I had a friend with a unrestored 15 with a California top that needed some money and wanted to sell it to me for 1,800.00. I really kick my self for not buying it. It would have been a fantastic car for winter use.

Caught in a blizzard in Riverside Wyoming.

blizzard at River Side

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:43 pm:

That is a great photograph!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Why would you buy that accessory? Do the windows come out in the Summer? Does the top go down like the original touring roof.

It is WAY cool though I must say.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 07:33 am:

Tom,

Maybe you missed the other pictures? The windows fold up into the top when not needed. If you encounter rain they can be folded quickly into place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 10:26 am:

I still don't see any bids. $16,000.00 seems a little high to me but it is a scarce car. I am sure that you would have better visibility than I do with side curtains on my 16.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

The old saying - "the price goes up if the top goes down" - this top will not go down...

The same discussion is going on over at the Ford
barn - here was what I thought:

It is an interesting top, but not one picture of the mechanicals, the interior is tattered, and you can't tell the condition of the bodywork/paint due to the seller not washing the car off.

Add this to a positive rating of 4 (all as a buyer) and I would not risk a bid either. It also seems to be more of a $10,000 car maybe 12,500 but not 16k without it running.

Just speculation, but with 207 watchers I don't think I'm alone in those thoughts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

It would be a neat top to look at on somebody else's car, but I wouldn't want it on my own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 01:02 pm:

Uhh? I was always told not to pull a "T" by the front axle because you could pull the "wishbone" right of the oil pan. I always pull mine by the frame via a couple of hooks I had made for that purpose. Looking at the car being put on the wrecker it looks to me like he has it hooked near the spindles. Am I wrong going to the trouble of hooking to the frame?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

Whoever ends up the car should obtain this brochure (I'm too lazy to download the images and post them):

http://www.amazon.com/Ford-Model-Chevrolet-Calif-Brochure/dp/B00QOVS9JS

Also - there's some good information out there - for example:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 03:37 pm:

I've had that on my watch list.
I wonder why nobody has jumped on it........apparently there haven't been any offers either.
Even if one could find another accessory like that I wonder what it would cost to get it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 03:56 pm:

I saw a top like that sell for 3500 a few years back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 04:05 pm:

I get that the windows go up, but can you still have a touring car? If not why not(back in the day)just buy a hard top in the first place.

It is a curiosity for today to say the least

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 06:14 pm:

I hope every one feels the same way, maybe it will get down to the price that I can afford. I would really like to have it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

I tried to bid on it but could not figure how to do it. It does not look like it sold. I used to bid and sell on Ebay all the time but its a lot more complicated now. Does anyone know who the owner is I would like to contact him.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Dave, I sent the seller an Ebay contact message asking him to contact you if the car is still available.

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

It is on craigslist now ,

https://richmond.craigslist.org/cto/4960277889.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 11:25 pm:

Ed: Thanks, I see it is down a thousand to $15,000.

picture

Mark Strange: Thanks, I think we are so far apart that I don't have much chance.

picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darren J Wallace, Woodstock,Ont. Canada on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

That top has to be one of the most interesting accessories I've ever seen!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration