The TT is officially mine

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: The TT is officially mine
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

The new title came today for my TT. I went to the DMV with 4 pictures and an engine number, it all sounded too easy but here we are 2 1/2 weeks later with a title.

Now to decide what plates to put on it. The new MN pioneer plates are rather ugly since they quit stamping them, they are know printed. I'm leaning toward original era plates but I need to go to the DMV and get more info.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 05:32 pm:

Note that most people think title is evidence that you own your T or TT. In truth it document the T's ownership of you. In any event, now that you are legally bonded to your TT we need a couple of pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

Lonnie, you can probably find Minnesota's law on year of manufacture plates online. They vary from state to state. One state says the original plates must not be restored. Another state says they must. No man's life and property are safe when the legislature is in session.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

Lonnie, just curious, did they let you pass go with out bonding it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lonnie Smith Baxter MN on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

Thanks Steve , I will check online first.

Clayton,No bonding required.
It cost me $60.75 at the DMV and I would guess if I want pioneer plates it will be about another $150.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

Lonnie I have a nice set of Pioneer plates that came with my '13 that I got this winter in Minneapolis. PM me and we'll see if I can be of some help.I don't know if you're allowed to get these from a private individual or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 08:12 pm:

You don't haul that car strapped to the front axle like that, do you ???????

You should grab around the perch and cross pull or better yet, wheel straps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 09:28 pm:

Minnesota allows the transfer of existing Pioneer plates as long as they are not currently registered to a vehicle.

I have a small assortment of three-digit Pioneer plates if you are interested. I have singles and pairs. None are currently registered to a vehicle.

If you are looking for YOM Minnesota truck plates, I can refer you to collector in the Twin Cities who may have truck plates available. (Minnesota refers to YOM plates as "Original Minnesota Plates.")

As far as I'm aware, Minnesota does not have any condition requirements or restrictions regarding YOM plates, i.e. unrestored vs restored.

Everything you need to know is readily available from the MInnesota Department of Transportation in a consumer friendly format online.

Erik in Minneapolis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:21 am:

Steve..not always. This was from a short trip to the DMV for inspection. I've done it different ways, and around the perches. Haven't tried wheel straps though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Nice car, Tim.

I don't know about the road conditions in your neck of the woods but here in Washington State, that axle would be bent going 5 miles ! I installed E-Trak on the floor of our Pace enclosed and drive right over them with our '14 Touring and use the wheel straps/nets - real quick to tie down. I cross strap the rear at the spring at the point where the frame meets.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration