Something new for protection

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Something new for protection
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 11:40 pm:

Found this whilst browsing the web this evening.

volvolifepaint.com

Could be a very useful antique car product especially for our T's. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

Sorry that should be

http://volvolifepaint.com/

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 02:25 am:

Apparently it's available only in London. :-(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:17 am:

Pretty cool stuff. I run around in my Runabout with the top down 99% of the time, what few times I use it in the dark I could spray it on the part of the folded down top that faces the up-coming traffic. Maybe even the rear axle and/or spare tire. Hopefully it'll make its way across the pond. Thanks for the post Jim! Lets go for a run sometime!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:31 am:

That would be nice on the tailgate of my pick-up,
I saw them painting it on clothing I wonder how durable that is when washed?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:48 am:

Interesting...

To the folks in England:

....."Life Paint, Volvo's answer to this, forms part of its 2020 Vision initiative, a safety campaign promising that by the year 2020, no person will be seriously injured or killed by a new Volvo vehicle. To begin with, free cans of Life Paint will be given away at six bike stores in England. If the product is well received, Volvo plans to eventually make it available internationally."

http://www.gizmag.com/volvo-life-paint/36777/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 12:13 pm:

In the text below the video it states that it washes off the clothing and will last for about one week on metal surfaces. Needs to be applied just before each use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth from NC on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Would be cool if you could paint something like your wheels and then clear coat over it and it be essentially permanent. I don't know how realistic that is or how the paint really works though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:25 pm:

The manufacturer of the paint is Albedo 100. They do make a permanent spray for metallic applications.

https://albedo100us.com/

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration