Old Photo - Model T Era Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo - Model T Era Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 10:19 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 10:57 am:

If memory serves, that building was still there as of 15 years ago. This would be in NH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

Actually, I found a reference that said it was at 1339 Washington Ave., Portland, ME. Looks like it is now the site of a credit union.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 03:36 pm:

The wrecker looks like it was built in/on a large touring car?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

I thought this might provoke another discussion about textured concrete block.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

That is known as split face block and can still be purchased today. It makes a very nice looking building.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Holly Whitaker on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:01 pm:

I love old photos!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stanley L Brown Drury, MA on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:00 pm:

My Dad opened his station in 1920 and he built a wrecker from a Cadillac, wish I had photo of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Dennis I am going to have to disagree on the "split face block "term. While the split face blocks are vary similar to the blocks in the photo, the ones in the photo are cast blocks. The surface is like a "raised panel" I have an old Sears and Robuck block making machine that makes them. My machine has the "mold board" for the "rock face" style blocks as well as several other different patterns of faces. You just changed out the "mold board" to whatever style you wanted. My uncle and a cousin used to make the blocks by hand in the machine. They could make about 100 blocks a day ... I tried it once. It was to much like "real hard work" for my liking :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:10 am:

Welcome to the forum Holly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William L Vanderburg on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

The North Deering Garage was at 1339 Washington Ave., Portland, Maine and was owned by George W. Gaubert.

It is no longer standing.....a credit union and parking lot occupy this location now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Glad to hear you enjoy the Old Photos Holly.:-)
Welcome to the Forum!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration