Ford SALES Bulletins

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ford SALES Bulletins
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 10:33 am:

Does anyone know anything about these? I have a lot of these in the original binder, but don't know if they are complete. My set goes from May 24 1913 to July 29, 1916. Russ Furstnow and I were talking about these, and it's kind of an interesting topic. They are a lot like the service bulletins, but have little information on the cars. Also, the paper doesn't seem to be of as good a quality as the service bulletins. Does anyone know the starting and ending date of these?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Who published them? Are they an official Ford Company publication? Could you post a copy of a front page?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George_Cherry Hill NJ on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 04:46 pm:

Larry,

Like the service bulletins...Ford published also Sales bulletins (and then later Fordex sheets/books)

The sales sheets as you know contain a lot of data items, but also do have some nice tidbits.

I do not know how consistently issued they were, but my son picks them up here and there when he finds them at meets and/or on ebay. He's in Florida and the 'starter collection' are in NJ...so it may take a few weeks before a peek...

Maybe someone else here has a full set....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Anderson on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Larry:

I also have a few of the "Ford Sales Bulletin" and printed under the header is "" Issued every Saturday by the Sales Dept of the Ford Motor Co. Detroit. In the interest of the selling force of the Ford.""

The oldest one I have is Saturday April 26, 1913, No. 4 pages 13 thru 16. The latest on is a Saturday July 22 9116 pages 213 thru 216. The header were in different colors, red, blue and tan of course the text was in black. These were mailed out in a standard envelope as indicated by two folds in all of m\y copies and they were punched for a 3 ring binder. Gary

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Russ Furstnow on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:09 am:

Larry, The first bulletin was issued on April 5, 1913 with No. 1 and Page 1. My set ends with July 15, 1916, so I must be missing some near the end of the series. My set has all of the bulletins except for the second one issued, and the ones at the end.

The bulletins have some interesting information for the salesman, but not too much on specifics. I was looking for information about the "roll-out of the 1915 Sedan and Coupelet, but there was very little information about these cars. I did find it interesting that Ford scolded salesmen for not promoting and selling these two models.

I did find dates when the 1913 touring tonneau brace was introduced (May 15, 1913) and when the 1914 speedometers were about to be installed again (after June 20, 1914).

The bulletins are interesting reading, though.
Russ Furstnow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:24 am:

I just checked mine again, and they begin with number 8. I don't think the shoe string through the binder is original either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:40 pm:

Does anyone here have an original shoe string you could send to Larry? Thanks. ( :-) )

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration