1925-27 TT closed cab lower windshield frame question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1925-27 TT closed cab lower windshield frame question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 12:48 pm:

Just curious - the trucks used a lot of "left-over" car parts - was the windshield the same as the earlier closed cars or is it unique to trucks? I have a windshield I'm 99% sure is 23-24 closed cars and there is a gentleman looking for the 25-27 TT truck windshield.

If someone could post a picture of what the TT's used I may be able to clean another tripping hazard from my barn...

Thanks guys!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:27 pm:

Parts book lists TT windshield Assy, Upper TT-13142X and Lower TT-13143X

Car windshields are T #, like Fordoor Upper G103-18851RX

Here is a TT cab windshield photo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:48 pm:

Enclosed cab windshields were not the same as any other. They are unique to these trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Thanks - mine is definitely a car one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:31 pm:

Mark the C-Cab windshield appears to have the same original part number as the 1923 to 1925 Closed Car or Open Car windshield, I forget which or if they are both the same..

I checked awhile back for a friend that needs one for a C-Cab and if your windshield is correct for a C-Cab, I have a potential buyer for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

The bottom w.s. frame is the same for the C-cab as the '23-'25 open car but the top frame is taller for the open cab TT.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Parts book drawing showing the higher upper windshield frame for the open cab TT C-cab.

As posted by Steve, note the higher upper windshield for the C-cab, using the same stanchions, and lower frame as the car, but with a taller upper windshield frame.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration