'14 Runabout upholstery

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: '14 Runabout upholstery
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

Does anyone have some detailed picture of the correct upholstery for a '14 Runabout? I know that the seat is diamond pleat and the back of the seat is straight pleat. What I need are pictures of the details of how it is attached to the tack strip and how it ends. I would also appreciate,pictures of the seat riser as I think mine was modified by someone when the body was rewooded. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 01:41 pm:

Royce posted some good photos here:

http://www.modelt.org/mtfcivb/showthread.php/1119-Th-1914-Model-T

:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 02:35 pm:

Val - here is a shot of my upholstery in my 14 Runabout. Let me know if I can get you some more shots.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 04:08 pm:

Very nice Mr. Vaughn...please post more pictures of the entire car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:10 pm:

Here you go Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

WOW! Thanks for posting the additional pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

Thanks Mike your picture is a great help. Could you get a shot of the rear section where the top attaches and a shot of the seat riser with the seat cushion removed? The one piece rear section of my top is held in place with Murphy buttons but has no provision for rolling it up like my earlier cars and I don't know if that is correct.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:33 pm:

Val, here is a shot of the back, I will take some more pictures in the morning and send them to you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

I agree with Dennis, WOW, what a little jewel of a car! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 07:58 pm:

Here are some shots I have of my car, which I believe has an untouched original seat.

Let me know if you need other particular details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:07 pm:

Thanks Marc. Is your top original too? I would like some shots of the inside and outside of the top if you have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Originally round tacks were used, not hide-em welt.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:33 pm:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/10/1914_Ford_Runabout_pic-009.JP G

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 08:48 pm:

Val:

I think the top on my car may be original, but I'll ask the experts here to advise. I will post some pictures of it over the weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:53 pm:

Thanks Marc that would be a big help. Ed, ironically the only thing they seem to have done correctly on my interior is use the round tacks. I assume that the interior kits come with the right trim and tacks but if I am going to redo the top and the interior I want to make sure it's correct this time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:43 am:

The round tacks mentioned above were originally called saddle nails. Today, they are called upholstery nails. My wish is that soon someone will reproduce them with the 3/8" head. Wilmer Coach Shop in New Holland, Pa. has some that are close, but are 1/32" too large.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration