TT battery carrier

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: TT battery carrier
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Could someone please post pictures of an installed, in use TT battery carrier. I especially want to see the small brackets that bolt to the inside edge of the running board brackets.

Thank you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, April 02, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

The small angle iron piece is not original. It was added to help support the battery without using the original battery box.

TTbatcarrier2

TTbatcarrier8

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Thanks I have a question about the empty square hole. One of mine has a bracket or clip bolted to it, the other does not. Should they both have the "clips" and is there a piece that runs across at the top? What are the "clips" for?

thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 08:20 am:

The 5152-B clips hold the battery box in place by bearing on the top, same as on the passenger cars. Two are required, one on each side. If you don't have the metal box, you can slide a piece of wood in there and hold the battery down that way.

The parts book scan file is too large to post here; I've uploaded it to my web host:

battery carrier parts

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:05 am:

Excellent Thank you Does anyone have an extra battery clamp 5152-B

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration