MTFI Web Site hacked ??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: MTFI Web Site hacked ??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:09 am:

Is any one else getting this message when you log on?

regards, John Page, Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:14 am:

I didn't get any message, but some of the pictures have disappeared.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By jeff cordes on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:18 am:

Mtfci site is hacked, Russians?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Partington on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:28 am:

Yes JP I get the same result. I would take great delight in meeting the hackers but I guess they won't offer to meet & greet.
DP

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:46 am:

Language is Portuguese.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 12:58 am:

I notified the exec director. Maybe he can have some members in Brazil track them down and kill them. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 08:47 am:

Brazil is a long way from Portugal. Spaniards might be a wee bit closer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 08:59 am:

Just the life of website moderators!

There are so many hackers and spammers. Geezzz

Look at the stats from the MTFCI Forum, 10 times more spammers than members!! :-(

Spam-O-Matic StatisticsSpam-O-Matic Statistics

26393 Spammers Denied Registration
931 Spammy Posts Automatically Moderated

Model T Ford Club International (MTFCI) Forum StatisticsModel T Ford Club International (MTFCI) Forum Statistics
Threads: 409 Posts: 2,940 Members: 1,002 Active Members
:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:06 am:

Where's the happy little tire swing?? Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Beatty _Kansas City on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:20 am:

Portuguese is the official language of Brazil, btw.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:24 am:

I certainly hope you guys are running malware scans. That's just how most malware gets loaded to a PC--By following an link to an infected site. I didn't look but if the intruder was able to change or add text, they were able to add scripts to load malware on a visitor's PC.

Just a warning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:35 am:

They look like boyz in the favela, not Europeans. Wherever they are, I hope their computational devices experience a meltdown. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:42 am:

Thanks for the reminder, Ken. Malwarebytes didn't find anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:12 am:

My question is what the heck is the point? Just for s***'s and giggles? Disgruntled poster? There can't be any $ involved can there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Because they can! People with lots of brains and talent and no place to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

I would not use "lots of brains" in describing those (I use the term loosely) people. There are in fact many kinds of intelligence, only a few are touched upon by an IQ test. Those people may have loads of very limited talent. But they lack the intelligence to do anything good with it. Unfortunately, something about understanding computers seems to be connected to a very asocial egocentric type of mind. These are people that are incapable of caring about the harm and sometimes expensive damage they do in satisfying their need to feel superior. Most of them aren't smart enough to be able to take care of themselves without help, and cannot perform any real job task.
Society NEEDS to make some difficult decisions and take a hard-line stand on the importance of "right and wrong" over politics. Hackers operate under the same corruption that allows a million people in this country to chose a "respectable" career in "administration" stealing taxpayers money.

My rant for the day.

And my best wishes for MTFCI's speedy recovery.

Also, by the way, not all computer people are like that. I personally know several computer people that are among the best, most really intelligent and caring, people I have ever met. A few of them, like myself, burned out on computers because of prevailing mindsets.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Kopsky, Lytle TX on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

I'm sure glad you amended your typification of "computer people" or I'd come out there and punch you in the face. :-) I made a decent career with the big ones and self-taught on the small ones and never once thought of doing anything but good with them. And I don't know what you have against "administration" because I've been there too. Perhaps it's a jealously felt by blue collar workers but that can't be since I've also been there. So I don't how or where you conceived your opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Schrope - Upland, IN on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 10:12 pm:

Ken - he means politicians - I assume. If so, I agree.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 03:56 am:

Ken K!
You found my picture! And from a good day too!
One thing I learned a long time ago, when discussing almost anything about human beings, no short statement covers all of any group of people. Unfortunately, I don't always use disclaimers where I should. Especially when I rant.
I have a huge dislike for people that hurt others for fun or profit. Hackers fit into that category.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 05:15 pm:

I think ken todd's email was hacked to as I got a weird 1. Just said why in the title and no content that was visable.
So much for the latest greatest software. 1 day, probably when it is to late,people will quit changing what aint broke.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration