Thanks Lee

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Thanks Lee
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

Today I was working on a steering column for a Model T. I found a good set of gears, good shaft and everything was good except the bushing where the shaft fastens to the chassis. I found an old bushing and then I had to machine down the outer diameter but couldn't figure out how to hold it. Then I thought how would Lee (Pierce RIP) do this? He would have found a length of round steel, stuck it in the lathe, machined it down to be a tight fit on the bushing, then tap the bushing on to the shaft and put the whole thing in the lathe. It worked perfectly and now the steering column is just about done. Thanks Lee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 01:57 pm:

Good idea.I use an old piston pin bushing.They fit right in and all I have to do is lightly ream them to 3/4 on inside.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration