OT - Are these photos of the same man?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT - Are these photos of the same man?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 04:01 pm:

OK photo forensic sleuths, do you think these are photos of the same man? I know two are, and I'm not sure of the third:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 04:36 pm:

Their sure not great but going by the nose, cheeks and the chin #'s 1 & 2 look the same to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Gruber- Spanaway, Wash. on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:05 pm:

The sideburns and hairline all look different to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

Numbers 2 and 3 are the same person. I believe all three photos are taken within a three year period.

Charlie, I agree, those features seem similar to me.

Bob, It seems to me black and white pics are really difficult to match people with, and these aren't very good either. The two on the right are of Gaston Plaintiff. He was the longtime Ford Branch Manager for New York. The middle pic was taken at a 1906 branch managers meeting, and the right pic in front of the NY branch in 1907 or 1908.

It's unlikely the first picture is of him, but it would make an interesting sequence of events if it were. I'll post a thread later about it when I have a little more info,

Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:44 pm:

Can you computerize the photos and overlay one photo on top of the other to see if the face structure is the same. I know Abby on NCIS can :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:44 am:

Denny,
This is the best I can do :-)

The photo on the left was taken in 1905 and the one on the right in 1906 or 07 of Gaston Plaintiff. The "unknown" middle photo was taken in 1908.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:53 am:

I think the hairline on the temple on both the left and middle photos are very much alike. Looking closer at the right photo, it might fit in too - the small cut in the hairline is there too, just shadowed by the hat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 09:53 am:

Roger,
I'm convincing myself it him. I found another pic. This was taken during the summer of 1906, and Plaintiff had driven all night, so he looks beat. The chin, cheeks, mouth and hairline look similar (or not :-) ):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 09:39 am:

I was able to get a higher resolution copy (left) of the "unknown" pic. Is this the same person? The photo on the left was taken in 1907-1909, the photo on the right in 1905 or 06:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration