What's your favorite Model T tool?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What's your favorite Model T tool?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 05:39 pm:

This is mine:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Whazzat??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

It holds the pedal shaft nut and washer and keeps them from falling into the transmission while you are trying to remove or start the nut.

I would have to agree with Royce, that tool works great.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/3416TNW.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 06:37 pm:

Mark,

I had no idea someone was reproducing them. It is a great tool, sure prevents a lot of trouble. This one is well worn, from decades of use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 07:47 pm:

Strobospark by Funprojects :-)
jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, April 03, 2015 - 09:45 pm:

These were made by Howard Caccia in San Louis Obispo,CA

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 05:19 pm:

Head light rim removal tool, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 05:25 pm:

Oxygen acetylene torch. It gets lots of use during disassembly and I use it to weld with all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Goelz-Knoxville,TN on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

The best tool for me is the one I don't have to use!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

Royce,
I've not had a great deal of luck with that tool. Must be operator error.

Ratchet band adjustment tool is my favorite.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Of all the "simple" tools I have, my favorite and most used is My Waldren spark plug wrench. It is the best one I have ever found to remove the plugs with. It fits down into the spark plug area well and does not slip off. And the other end fits the timer clamp bolt as well as all the other bolts with a 5/8 head.

wrench 1

wrench 2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:16 pm:

I see Donnie posted the Waldon. :-) HCCT, carburetor/timer clamp bolt wrench, original driving gear puller, front cover centering tool, hub puller, flywheel bolt wrench...:-) Guess I don't have just one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

I was gonna' post the Walden spark plug/head bolt wrench too. Obviously it was a good idea. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:03 pm:

Love that offset box end for the spark plug!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:22 pm:

Strobospark!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:15 am:

The ignition key!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:36 am:

Donnie - for years I used an old Champion wrench that was simply OK. Based on your endorsement above, I just bought one for a $1 on Ebay. If Walden were still in business, they'd owe you a commission.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:18 am:

I always buy that Walden spark plug wrench when I see them at swap meets, and give them to my Model T buddies. They work great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Anything made by Stevens. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:55 am:

There seems to be quite a few of the 3620 Waldren Spark Plug wrenches still out there. They must have been very popular back in the day. Ron, I hope the wrench purchase does not affect you budget too much. I think you will find every dollar spent (all one of them) will be worth it :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roy Mathis, Van Buren, AR on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:49 am:

Mike Walker, you like them because of the name. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:18 pm:

An oxy-acetylene torch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

Simpson 260 volt/ohmmeter and FunProjects coil beeper serial number 003.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Matheny on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:56 pm:

Money, a super nice tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:23 pm:

Actually it's any one I pick up at the right price at flea markets. Last big score was at the Columbus Flea Mkt here in N.J. There it sat among a load of wooden handled screw drivers. The Ford Model T tool kit screw driver. $2.00. The seller said "Yeah, people like those wooden handled drivers. Unmarked. No clue. Doesn't happen very often though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:14 pm:

Ebay

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

I love flea markets. A few years ago I was digging through the dollar box and found a valve tool but like most, it was missing the hook that goes with it. I made one for it. Only paid $1 for it. I also scored a Babbitt scrapper for under $2 (it's a Stevens) at a different flea market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 10:24 am:

Does that Walden 3620 also fit on the low band lock nut? It's the right size, just wonderin' if it will squeeze in that narrow opening.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:19 am:

I just bought a Walden 3620 on ebay. Didn't know about it until this post. This forum is great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Ken -- Yes, it fits. I checked it this morning.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration