Steering gear case question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Steering gear case question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 05:03 pm:

In order to cheat with my brass era speedster build......
Does the brass steering gear case lid that the vendors sell have the same thread as the later nickel cases?
Will one fit with the other?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:18 pm:

Yes, it screws right on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:20 pm:

Yes.

That is what I did, steering case lying on seat is later '26 with wide groove for 5:1 gears.

Quadrant is repro brass early too.

Cover is repro early style. Works fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

Thanks Gents,
That's exactly what I wanted to hear.
Thanks again and Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 06:51 pm:

You can chuck the gear case in a lathe and turn a radius on the bottom,then drill and install blind rivets. hard too tell unless you get real close.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration