OT a stretch of the imagination

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: OT a stretch of the imagination
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:24 pm:

What's up with this?

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161660535831?nav=SEARCH

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:27 pm:

Looks like he had a 27 t title

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:35 pm:

Yep, it was either that or one of those 1908 Dr's Coupe titles. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

Looks like somebody had a dream - a really bad one. At least very few if any real Model T parts were damaged in the construction. The description says it has a T frame boxed from front to rear. I can't imagine anyone, even the people that built this, would use anything a light as a T frame, boxed or not, to support that car. Modern suspension and brakes and a Chevy 350 all require something decent for a frame. Of course, maybe they really are that foolish.

At last count there were 11 bids so somebody out there wants it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:51 pm:

7 Bidders! But a LOT of work to do to finish it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

A '27 title based on what? It's an assembled vehicle and would a real hassle getting it registered in most states.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 09:48 pm:

That is what is making it hard to get a real antique titled, to many street rodders running antique tags on what you might as well say is a new car. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 09:59 pm:

Ya, Keith, you said it well.

This is a pet peeve of mine. You can just imagine the headline: "Model T Ford traveling at a high rate of speed causes accident..... And this gives those of us who are responsible Model T'ers a bad name.

This kind of car is anything but a Model T, and should never be titled as one.

Just my opinion.....

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Eliason, Whittier, CA on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

But guys, it's "bad ass".

badass

Yep, that's about it.

Best regards. BE

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

"Bad ass", hmmmm, sometimes chilli, with boiled eggs and cheap beer can give a guy a...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 12:48 am:

Am I the only one who thinks this car looks like it would be used for, umm... compensating for something?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 06:36 am:

Tim, I think a lot of us recognized it. You're the only one to say anything.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 08:39 am:

After cancer if it can compensate for something i'm going to bid! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:13 am:

Go for it Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:19 am:

As long as no real Model T parts were ruined, I guess it's OK. But the headrest looks pretty uncomfortable. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:27 am:

Kieth(s), in addition to "Historic Vehicle" plates, Missouri also has a plate category called "Street Rod." The problem is that the people with street rods try for the historic vehicle plates anyway to get out of the inspection and the Dept. of Revenue people often aren't aware of the difference.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

What makes a 27 T? Imagination I guess.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:55 pm:

Dick -- Arkansas has Street Rod plates too. An Antique tag costs $7 forever. A Street Rod tag costs $50 per year. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to figure out why lots of street rods here are running Antique plates. Add to that equation that many DMV clerks don't know $&!t from Shinola and it's easy to get the picture. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By kep on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:44 am:

Maybe they don't use streetrod tags because they are hotrods. As in made from older parts and might break down, Just like when you drive an antique.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:23 am:

It looks like an almost original T to me!

Except for the motor, wheels, tires, brakes, transmission, rear end, suspension, seats, hood, body, and thing on the rear that is used to dry your beach towel while driving home.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration