Ross steering, nearing the end of development

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Ross steering, nearing the end of development
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, April 04, 2015 - 08:29 pm:

here you can also see the frame bracing/box section

The drag link ends are '28-'34 Ford tie rod ends .
The shaft is 3/4" heavy wall tubing threaded to 11/16 by 24 tpi left hand and right hand threads

Note the "Canadian farmer steering wheel"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 07:21 am:

I think that's called a "tiller" wheel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Bergmann Sydney - Australia on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 08:09 am:

Also note the Canadian open car, full of Robertson fasteners. Beautiful work Les. Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 09:01 am:

Tom
Thank you for the compliment

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By CharlieT on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 09:52 am:

Les, when I was about 15 a couple of hot rod guys in the neighborhood removed a steering wheel for some reason then decided they needed to go to the parts store for something. Off they went with the "Canadian farmer steering wheel". I was aghast but they got there and back, about 3 or 4 miles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Do the 28-34 Ford tie rod ends look like the original style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Hagen on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:01 pm:

Do the 28-34 Ford tie rod ends look like the original style?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:31 pm:

Gary
They're the same shape and dimensions. They are rougher surface. I guess they are cast ductile iron

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration