**1914-1918 6040 Holley G Carburetor Assembly for Non-Electric Equipped Cars**

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: **1914-1918 6040 Holley G Carburetor Assembly for Non-Electric Equipped Cars**
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 04:53 am:

The reason I started a new thread is because I've made a format change and wanted to know how you guys felt about it.

The bold numbers on top are Ford Catalog Numbers, these are the numbers that most generally the parts vendors try to use (but not always).

The non-bold numbers under the bold numbers are Ford Factory Numbers. These are the true part numbers as used by Ford for these parts, if fact if you ever go to the Benson Ford Library to research Model T parts, these are the numbers you'll need, because this is how the parts are filed there.

I've left off the repetitive numbers and the change dates, my question is, do you think these are necessary or not? I left them off to keep the appearance of clutter down. But I suppose I could change the font size and include the change dates thereby also relieving the clutter as well.

I plan on changing all my drawings, but first I wanted to know your opinion on the change dates data addition.

One things certain, this drawing is beginning to look like a page out of a dealers parts department parts book. :-)

The next assembly is the 1919-1921 6040 Holley G Carburetor Assembly for Electric Equipped Cars.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 05:00 am:

I think I've made an error on the part number 6044 and 6044B. I think that 6044 is the bowl gasket and that 6044B is the gasket that goes under the bowl nut 6045. I've got to go back and re-read that part in Bruce's encyclopedia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:05 am:

Why would the electric cars be any different?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:11 am:

Larry
The choke actuating lever is different. Can be operated from two different angles; dash and radiator.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 12:37 pm:

Here's a pre-electric. One-arm choke, bronze body.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 03:45 pm:

Except the needle on yours Steve is the late model version. The knob looking version is what's supposed to be used...somebody must of changed it somewhere along the way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:21 am:

Slight correction, the spray nozzle had a slot from the lower hole to where the small hole is on the later version and I checked the numbers on the gaskets and they're correct.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration