Rewooding--Distance between top of pillars?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Rewooding--Distance between top of pillars?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:58 am:

1923 Touring: I am about to start cutting the pillars for my re-wood project, using Leon Parker’s plans and having read (many times), Randall Anderson’s “Rewooding a Ford Roadster” article. But now I am wondering if anyone has the dimensions between the top of the pillars. I have built a boat or two, using the keel as a reference to establish the distances from side to side. I can establish a center line for my chassis. From that I would like to now the distance from the center line to the outboard edges of the pillars. All drawings that I have seen on line only show distances between brackets and other hardware.
Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thank you-Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 01:13 pm:

i have what you are asking for.i will see about getting some copes made it is large will have to mail.this is the results from 300 body builds. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

Charley, did you get my message?
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg Kuhnash Southeastern Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:01 pm:

I am also interested in this information. Please post if possible.

greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:17 pm:

Me too

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

i will try to get to the copy store tomorrow.was to busy today had a costumer from Canada. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:40 am:

they wanted $80.00 for 6 copy's of the print!!! so i cut one up in 6 pieces so i could do it on my copy machine. i will do them for $ 15.00 post paid in the 48.i will post one page on mtfci site.when i get time. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 12:15 pm:

Paul

What will be far more important is how the body panels line up. The dimensions for what you need are published in a Ford document, which I used. Big mistake. That left my roadster with a driver's side panel that is about 1/8" too narrow at the door reveal line resulting in a very slight bend along the top edge sight line, instead of a nice smooth straight line. My passenger side is perfectly straight and the door fits fine...even so, the body is 1/2 inch wider than Ford says it should be and would be even wider, still, if I'd made the Driver's side perfectly, so again, let your sheet metal be your guide.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

Paul
You can use your cowl metal to get the inside measurement for your hinge pillar and left side pillar at the cowl. I do have some details that show the inside body measurements. I will have to look them up and will post them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 03:25 pm:

well i guess we will just forget it my scans are to big for that site to!!!!!!!.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:56 pm:

Charley
I can get them done for $.45 a square foot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:44 pm:

good for you.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Leon Parker - Benton, Kentucky on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 01:23 pm:

Paul
I will send you what I have for the measurements you want to your e-mail address. I will not post them here. Leon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 02:07 pm:

Leon, I will look forward to your e-mail
Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:42 pm:

Paul, there is a set in the mail.if you don't want them.just trash them.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

Charley, I do need all of the help I can get. Thank you--Paul

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration