No Easter "T" Ride This Year

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: No Easter "T" Ride This Year
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 07:32 pm:

No Easter "T" Ride This Year, but they were already for one! We still have snow, mud, and salt on the roads, (and it is snowing now).
The Coupe does have excellent original upholstery, I keep a covering on it to protect it.
The last picture: Well. what the heck, it's not going anywhere for awhile anyhow!!
Happy Easter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:40 pm:

Man i need elvira in my barn
Maybe i can imposs on few more pics of the wood body on that truck thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:49 pm:

I would hazard a guess that there might be a 56 ford around there somewhere also. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:19 am:

Bob, Elvira showed up one day and never left. A lot of guys have wanted to take her home, but she says she likes where she is. Here is a pic of the truck. It is a 1920, it has a ruckstell and a warford, and hasslers in the rear.
Jim, You're right, there are a few 56's around. The convertible with my wife in it is my next project after my 24 is done. I also have 2 56 2 door hardtops that need complete restorations. My personal opinion is 56 Fords are the most beautiful car's ever produced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:31 am:

Dan - I am totally in love with your TT. Absolutely the single nicest example I have ever seen (and I include my old C-Cab in that assessment).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:44 am:

Ron - How about posting a picture of your "C" Cab, or maybe adding it to your profile picture?

Here's a picture of my TT C Cab:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/411944/481001.html?1411401188

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Keith - I sold her about 7 years ago (that's why she's not on my profile). Broke my heart, but I was transferred and lost my storage at the time (same thing happened with my '25 Fordson). That was one of the pitfalls of trying to own something while I was still on active duty - sudden moves and issues with storage. Retired in 2009, so that is no longer a problem. I'll try to find a picture of her and post it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 02:41 pm:

Ron, Yes, military moves are a real bummer, and with collectible cars, etc., it's even worse. I didn't have that problem since I was only in for 3 years, wasn't married at the time, and began collecting after I got out.

Any chance that you could find your old C Cab and buy it back?

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:00 pm:

Keith - funny that you say that. She popped up again on EBay about 3 years ago. I contacted the seller (the truck had passed through a couple of hands since I sold her), explained who I was and confirmed previous ownership by referencing some things that were not in the listing (including one that the seller was unaware of until they went out and confirmed by looking at her). Was offered the opportunity to buy the truck back outright at a particular price - that was more than she was worth or I could afford. She sold on EBay and I lost track of her - think she ended up somewhere in the Southwest. Beautiful truck - had been restored when I bought her.

Probably for the best. My tastes now run more towards what Dan has than a showroom restoration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

Dan, Your cars and truck are wonderful. It's always great to see T's that have aged well and take you back to another time. Show dogs like I have are fine, but yours are like fine vintage wine and they make you stop and wonder, what and where they have been for the last century.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:10 pm:

18 moves in 20 years. Not something I miss.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Ron, Glad you enjoyed the picture of my TT. Here are a couple more pictures of it. It is when my nine year old niece drove it in the local fireman's parade. She made up her costume and all the signs. She did a perfect job of driving it.
Tom, Thanks for your thoughts on my T's. I have the history since new on the 13 and the 20 Tourings, and the 20 TT. Unfortunately I only have a partial history on the 14, the Coupe, the 26, and the 25 Square Cab. I tried for years to find an all original 24 Touring, during that search I found the 13. I gave up and am now restoring a 24, so it will have to be shiny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:30 pm:

Dan - those are great pictures!! And that truck - well, she is simply incredible, absolutely second to none. Any additional history you'd be willing to give on it would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:40 pm:

Keith - you asked about pictures of my C-Cab. Well, here are some. They were taken years ago at FT Irwin, CA shortly after I bought her (my parents were visiting at Christmas and you can see my Dad - who is a Model A guy - in one of the pictures helping me bolt the top half of her cab on; she wouldn't fit in the garage, so I'd have to unbolt the top half of her cab to pull her in - big pain). She had spent most of her life in a vineyard in Napa Valley as a stripped-down running gear with a platform body. She was used up until the late 70s to haul around crates of grapes. The gentleman who I bought her from rescued her from the vineyard and went completely through her - did everything himself (including the engine rebuild). In any case, here are the pictures - still breaks my heart to look at them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Killecut on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Ron, Your truck is gorgeous. I'll send you the info on the 20 tomorrow

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:14 pm:

Dan - sadly, she's long gone. I was posted back overseas, lost my storage and had to sell her (see a few posts above) - that's why she's not on my profile. Would I like to get her back? Depends. If it was a choice between her and your '20, I'd take your '20 over her any day and twice on Sundays - I think you own the singularly most beautiful TT in existence today. If you ever want to turn over "caretaker-ship" of that incredible truck, you need only call and I'm on my way with my flatbed. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:33 pm:

Ron - Nice Pictures!!! I can see it's been totally restored. New top and stake bed, and a Ruckstell. Correct, taller upper windshield. Nice!

Well, at least you know it's still around and someone is enjoying it.

Ya, Dans is very nice too.Maybe someday everything will fall in place and you'll get one.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:37 pm:

Keith - working on it. A TT that will fit it with the doodlebugs, the power unit and saw rig - you know what a sucker I am for "patina."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:36 pm:

I looked for my TT for 3 years before I found just what I was looking for. It had to be a C Cab and with the Express (pickup type) bed, in decent driveable condition, and a driver, not a show truck. As you can see by the picture in the link I posted above, that's just what I finally found. It could have had more of a "barn find" patina to it, but it's ok. I still have a couple of things to do to it to make it a good driver, including putting 5.17 rear end gears in it (I bought good used gears), and installing parking brake shoes in it as they were missing when I got the truck.

Anyway, I'm happy with it. :-)

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 06:22 am:

Keith - you have a beautiful truck! You don't see many express bodies. Where did you find her?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:37 am:

Ron - I found it in North Dakota, 2 miles from the Canadian border and way on the west side of the state. Almost 2 long days of driving each way. I got it in 2011 and hope to get the rear end done soon so it will be more driveable. It does run pretty good as is. I don't even wash it. It gets dusty in the barn, but that just provides a sort of patina. I will enjoy taking it to the farm shows in our area. :-)

Keith

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration