What are these parts

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What are these parts
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 08:58 pm:

I have started moving a lot of t parts from a large purchase of parts. There are some things Im not sure what they are or fit. There is an "APCO" pedal of some sort. It is spring loaded, and may be for a Model A starter switch, but not really sure of its use. There is also a big wing nut clamp or cap of some sort. It has a 1/2 inch thread inside of it. Then there is the choke cable. It appears to be designed to clamp to a wood dash or a steel dash using the supplied wood block. There are about a dozen of the APCO parts, and 30 or more of the choke cables. I thought the choke cables may be for some aftermarket accessory carb like a U-J or similar. ????? I may have to ask a lot of questions on some of this stuff. There is a ton or two of it ... Most I know what it is but some are just a mystery .. :-)

apco 1

apco 2

apco 3

apco 4

wing nut

wing nut 2

choke cable

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 09:40 pm:

I have already had three e-mails wanting to buy the choke cables. It will take me at least a month to get everything home. I need to make sure they are not part of 30 NOS carb set ups before I sell anything. I have made the mistake of selling too quick before, so I just need to make sure. But most of the stuff will be for re-sale .. Thanks for the interest everyone ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:10 pm:

Ah heck and I was going to ask about the choke cable! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:28 pm:

me too! gotta be quick around here when it come to good junk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Todd, ............Red Deer, Alberta on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:35 am:

Are you sure that it's a choke cable and not a throttle cable?
Is the knob on it marked C or CHOKE?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:58 am:

Ken, There are no marks on the knob. It could also be used as a throttle cable. They may just be an aftermarket universal type of item. Im just wanting to try and find out if they may have been "part of something" or just an accessory "by themselves". thanks for the input,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:25 am:

Donnie - I think that APCO pedal is actually an accessory accelerator pedal. Screws to the floorboard and fits over the round accelerator pedal and provides a rest for the foot besides the pedestal next to the accelerator. Fulton also made one (which is more commonly seen).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steven Mackinnon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:08 pm:

So Ron, would that be an "A" accessory? I was thinking that also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:58 pm:

The Apco pedal is for 28-9 A's to move the starter button. From what I can see you need to drill out the threaded inserts on the fire wall to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

Yes Steve. Here is the Fulton version:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Will defer to Mark's assessment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

Im pretty sure it is for a Model A as there is quite a bit of A stuff mixed in with the T parts ... The pedal is spring loaded to be in what I would call "the closed position". It would not work well for a gas pedal as the spring works the wrong direction, and would tend to give it gas instead of coming back to a idle. I really think it is a starter button "thing-ie" as Mark mentioned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Skip Anderson, Bloomington, MN. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 02:10 pm:

I saw a cable set-up, very similar the one pictured, used on an exhaust cut-out application. Very simple operation rather than using your foot.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration