I made a quick video on the leaf spreader I made. super easy no welding

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I made a quick video on the leaf spreader I made. super easy no welding
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright from Central NC on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 09:55 pm:

Cheap diy spring leaf spreader, built for model t: https://youtu.be/xj7BkBQEzlM

Hey guys check out the link above for a quick video on the diy leaf spreader I made. Hope its useful to someone! It works great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 10:24 pm:

Cheap and easy. I like it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:08 pm:

We have one at the shop for Model A front springs that is along the same lines. I really like the suggestion of the all thread insert where it's bent. Thank you posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nathan Bright from Central NC on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:05 pm:

If I have Steve jelf's stamp of approval, I have arrived!! Haha

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken McGirr on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

When I read the title I thought this was a way to handle the fact I did not rake the lawn last fall....hoping for some relief from the reminders from the wife. The snow is gone and the evidence has reappeared.

Ken

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:44 pm:

Ken, it is called Gator blades! Put them on your lawnmower and when you run over the leaves, they turn into mulch!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 01:23 am:

Steve's approval

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sole - Castelldefels (Spain) on Sunday, May 17, 2015 - 05:38 pm:

Nathan, you have one more APPROVAL for this great idea!

The rear axle was the last subassembly to remove from my car during its full restoration. I kept putting it off since I didn't have a spring spreader.

After seeing your video, I spotted an old bed frame that was tossed out for scrap and it looked about right. It's a little smaller than the 3/4" pipe you used but it works perfectly with 16mm all thread inside it.

Total cost; 5.60 ($6.41 on today's market).

Thanks very much!

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration