Cheap diy spring leaf spreader, built for model t: https://youtu.be/xj7BkBQEzlM
Hey guys check out the link above for a quick video on the diy leaf spreader I made. Hope its useful to someone! It works great!
Cheap and easy. I like it.
We have one at the shop for Model A front springs that is along the same lines. I really like the suggestion of the all thread insert where it's bent. Thank you posting it.
If I have Steve jelf's stamp of approval, I have arrived!! Haha
When I read the title I thought this was a way to handle the fact I did not rake the lawn last fall....hoping for some relief from the reminders from the wife. The snow is gone and the evidence has reappeared.
Ken, it is called Gator blades! Put them on your lawnmower and when you run over the leaves, they turn into mulch!
Nathan, you have one more APPROVAL for this great idea!
The rear axle was the last subassembly to remove from my car during its full restoration. I kept putting it off since I didn't have a spring spreader.
After seeing your video, I spotted an old bed frame that was tossed out for scrap and it looked about right. It's a little smaller than the 3/4" pipe you used but it works perfectly with 16mm all thread inside it.
Total cost; 5.60€ ($6.41 on today's market).
Thanks very much!