Let's see your radiator cap toppers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Let's see your radiator cap toppers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

I am thinking of putting a topper on my radiator cap and I thought it would be fun to see what you got and it will give me some ideas as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:25 am:

I got this from I believe Bob Sherzer at Hershey a couple of years ago. The base I fabricated myself out of stainless steel. Jim

plane

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:35 am:

Nickel over brass masonic mascot installed on a Mitchell radiator cap:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:35 am:

This is a Belgian one. "Manneke Pis"

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:40 am:

Just have the good ol' dog bone and a motometer. Looks to be
as old as the truck, but I cannot say it is original to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:55 am:

Andre, dat manneke komt me bekend voor! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Vaughn on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:36 am:

Here are two that I made. The first one was the winner at Canyonlands III and the 2nd was the winner at Canyonlands IV. These competitions were a peoples choice award during the tour radiator cap competition.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:12 am:

This is my Angel Topper with wireless motometer.

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Barchock Canton, Mi on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:30 am:

this will be mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:57 am:

I don't often drive with this on as I worry about the extra weight affecting the steering. :%)

It is my favorite.
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/261156.html?1326993706

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:04 am:

Jim, do you drive fast enough to spin the propeller?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:43 am:

Yes I do, and sometimes it spins quite rapidly. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:50 am:

Useful for making a nice tall geyser when she's steaming :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:52 am:

Dan, get rid of the water pump and you won't need that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:18 am:

Over the years I have reproduced several radiator ornaments used during the T and A years . Here's some of the ones I have done.

The Air Ford done as originally made and then as a biplane more fitting on a T then the lower winged monoplane

hood ornament

hood ornament

The faith model also redone as a biplane as well as originally produced. These were wired to light the cabin when the headlights were turned on.

hood ornament

hood ornament

The propeller models.

hood ornament

hood ornament

hood ornament

Now the rotoscopes.

hood ornament

hood ornament

hood ornament

Motometer toppers.

hood ornament

hood ornament

hood ornament

Better stop for now since the Devil made me do it. Bob

hood ornament

hood ornament

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Ha Ha Ha. Oh, those are ALL really cool. I like the air ford but they are all great. This has given me ideas I didn't think of before. I may have to make more than one and change them out once in a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:29 am:

Amazing work Bob. The window regulator gear boxes are great too.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:38 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Clayton Swanson on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:46 am:

all very nice, but i see some that look quite heavy. i had a solid brass dog bone with motometer, old , very heavy, and about two summers of driving on my gravel roads cracked the top of the radiator around the neck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:01 pm:

I used to have one that was stolen, never able to find another, it had two tall wings, about 6" or so tall, if you know of one, let me know, I am in the market.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:02 pm:

Good point Clayton. I'll have to consider that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Wetherbee - Downeast Maine on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

Pick one...

When on tour I change it up every day, but my favorite is the mermaid.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:31 pm:

NICE collection. UH,,,,, Very nice one Jim P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:17 pm:

Gary, Oh! I like that. very nice. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Paulsen - McPherson, KS on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:55 pm:

Like others of you, mine change every once in a while. Here are few of mine:

On our 1913 Little Giant which tops out at 14 MPH:

I imagine this will look familiar to most that attend Chickasha:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 01:53 am:

I put this on when I want to have a little fun

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Buckley on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 02:08 am:

Hey Colin, is that Molson's, that comes out of there? Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 05:09 am:

My Aussie Kookaburra

My Kookaburra is a native Australian bird. Both the Kangaroo and the Kookaburra were made available for purchase in the 1920's by mail order from the Harris Scarfe catalogue of homewares. He is very heavy and I am not sure what he is made of. I think they originally appeared on more up market cars here in Australai.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Sumner lapeer mi on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:49 am:

My waterpump cap does 2 things. It adds water when I need it and also cools the engine. Les
waterpump cap

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Fielding "Ewe-taw" on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:11 am:

Ok, I'll jump in, nothing fancy but fills the need!
Kevin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:16 am:

Kevin,
How long does it take before that potato is ready for sour cream? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Scherzer on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:57 am:

Here's somemore radiator ornaments that don't spin that I did some time back.

hood ornament

hood ornament

The Canadian beaver mascot.

hood ornament

The Phantom Firefighter

hood ornament

Eagle patterns

hood ornament

Titled "First water"

hood ornament

Mercury Man

hood ornament

The American Eagle

hood ornament

The Police!

hood ornament

Firefighters.

hood ornament

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:57 pm:

Thank you Scott. She is a beaut and very anatomically correct if you know what I mean. I had to take her off and put my motometer back on, because whenever I went anywhere, a crowd of boys would gather in front of my car to gawk. LOL! I'm surprised she didn't get stolen due to her popularity. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

Jim - I laughed until my eyes watered on your last post!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 10:43 pm:

Jim if I had her on the front of my car I wouldn't watch anything else........... Like where I was going.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale L Myers on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:18 am:

I think this little man would make a nice topper but would be hard to attach securely.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration