Dayton Wire Wheels on 1915 Touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Dayton Wire Wheels on 1915 Touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:47 pm:

My wood wheels were getting a bit loose so I decided to put this set of Dayton wire wheels that I recently found on the car. So, I restored them, put them on and took it for a ride today for the first time this year and for the first time with the wire wheels. Thought I would share a picture that I took today. Looks different, but I will never have to worry about loose spokes again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Sunday, April 05, 2015 - 11:55 pm:

Beautiful Alex, thanks for sharing!

-Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:01 am:

Great looking and functional. We have Buffalo wires on our 13 and I like the looks and how true they run. Enjoy, and thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 12:30 am:

Very Nice..!!
That was a great move .....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Findlay on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 02:35 am:

Beautiful!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alex Dragone on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:46 am:

Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:58 am:

Beautiful Alex,

I restored a set of Bud wire wheels which are now on our 13 touring. I like everything about the advantages of wire wheels except.......they are a pain cleaning around each spoke and wheel center. The wood wheels are much easier to clean.
I also like the way our T handles with wire wheels vice driving with questionable original wood wheels.

Even with the cleaning issue, that was a great move and I would do it again.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 11:59 am:

Gorgeous touring, the wheels really set it off.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration