Carburetor for my Chevrolet overhead conversion Stromberg R-1

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Carburetor for my Chevrolet overhead conversion Stromberg R-1
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 01:01 am:

Has anyone had any experience with the Stromberg R-1 carburetors? I just won one off ebay for a good price and it looks like it might do the job size wise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 02:14 am:

They are good carburetors, the last design made by Stromberg that used the float cap type of needle valve. Used on a few cars in 29-30, then Stromberg went to a more modern design. Biggest problem with them is that nearly every float bowl is rusted through at the bottom. No other carburetor uses the same parts so you have to keep buying R-1's until you get a good bowl.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:18 am:

Thank you Stan. I have my fingers crossed! :-)

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration