26-27 TT spindles?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 26-27 TT spindles?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 10:00 am:

This is purely academic interest, as I have more to do now than I'll ever finish, but the truck ID discussion made me curious about changes for 26-27. Did Ford use the new spindles for the TT, or continue the same ones as 1925 and earlier?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Miller, Sequim WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:04 pm:

Hi Steve the TT spindles remained the same as the old ones that were common in the cars. I think the reasoning was for road clearance around the farms and rural roads. The 26 27 cars did get the body to drop with the new spindles sold as being more stylish. Before the TT springs were beefed up in 24 I bet the tires would even hit the front fenders when loaded so lowering the body might not have been a wise thing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:12 am:

Steve, the old frame I have here has one of each so I have no idea how it came from the factory or dealer! KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 10:31 pm:

Common practice for Ford use yo left over parts on trucks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 05:58 pm:

Steve, I have a TT truck that was owned by one of my neighbors since it was new. The serial number is over 15 million which puts it at the end of 1927 production.
It has the 25 and earlier spindles and axle. I think this was common practice for TT trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 11:17 pm:

Steve, I post this mostly for you about the spindles.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration