1919-1923 Coupe

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1919-1923 Coupe
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Comstock on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Could anybody give me the approximate ground to floorboard height on a 19-23 Coupe? I also need to know the height of the metal apron around the seat bottom from the floor. I can't locate that part and will try to make something

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:29 pm:

Our ground is not too level. Do these help any?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 04:45 pm:

This is a poor photo of that apron.

Coupe-dim5.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

I have a detailed drawing I did a while ago for a '22 Coupe seat apron I'll see if I can find it. It has all the measurements on it. I sent it to someone on the forum a couple of years ago who was making a seat apron.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Comstock on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:03 am:

Sorry I was offline yesterday, these pictures really help a lot. Thanks to everybody I'll have a picture or two of this "project" when I get it put together.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

We will look forward to seeing the pictures.
Good Luck and Welcome to the Forum.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Comstock on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 12:43 pm:

Gents

Thanks again for the help. I finished my "Model" to use in a Tech Talk last week at the Piquette Avenue Museum in Detroit. It'll stay there on permanent "loan" until somebody else needs it for a display. I built a platform so it could be viewed approximately at the height of a car. I'll eventually get a chassis restored and mount it to the chassis but time, time, time. We make most of the wood for the Mac's and Snyder's catalogs and as a wood guy and a T guy I wanted people that learn about the Model T to realize how much wood there really was in one of them. This was made from a 19-23 Body Wood kit, Top Wood Kit, and Floorboard kit. I had my painter spray clear lacquer on everything just as a preservative. It was a fun project. Thanks again.
19-23 Coupe Wood

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 12:51 pm:

Wow. Impressive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard Comstock on Friday, May 15, 2015 - 01:04 pm:

Thanks Bill,

I told my guys "we make this stuff, we ought to be sure that it really all fits together". It does. To their credit they're furniture makers and boat builders, not car guys so building even the wood part of a T was certainly a new experience.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration