Which Rajo do I have?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Which Rajo do I have?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:03 pm:

I have a Rajo, but am not sure which one I have. Thanks for the help!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:06 pm:

Looks like a "B" model - nice !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:07 pm:

You have the GOOD ONE with all the right parts. It is a Model B with the correct intake and exhaust manifolds and a proper Winfield carburetor. A rare and desirable piece of speed equipment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Milton,WA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:08 pm:

I might add that it's quite rare to have both RAJO intake & exhaust manifolds, especially the exhaust with minimal to no cracked or missing cooling fins !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:09 pm:

For what its worth, it has 14MM spark plugs on the right side. It also has spark plugs on the left side as well...not sure what size those are (14MM or half inch pipe)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee - SJ, CA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:23 pm:

John,

14mm plugs on both sides and the intake heating port would make that a BB head. Even better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

What?...no buzzy coils?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:56 pm:

Tom is correct. Single set of plugs and the heating duct between the intake ports is indicative of a Model BB. You can add the second set of plugs by drilling and taping the driver's side, but you cannot use the stock exhaust manifold as the lower outlet will interfere with the #3 sparkplug. Nice find! The original intake manifolds are extremely hard to find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Chaffin......Corona, CA on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:58 pm:

Additionally, RAJO never used 14mm plugs. Either 18mm or 1/2" or a combination of both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John From Oregon on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Thanks for the input!
Mark, thanks for the 18mm clarification. When I pulled a plug I noticed it wasn't half inch pipe so I assumed it was 14mm.
Would a BBR lack the heating duct?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

Ooo...a Winfield V carburetor too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:31 pm:

"John" (do I know you?). You are getting conflicting answers. A B Rajo will have the heat port and 1/2 plugs on the intake side. A BB will have dual plugs in 18mm, both intake and exhaust side with the heat port. A modified B head will have been drilled on the exhaust side for the second bank of plugs but the intake will be 1/2. The BBR will be drilled on both sides with 18mm plugs and no heat port--that is not it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Harris from Long Beach & Big Bear on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:20 pm:

A BBR RAJO does not have the water heating port drilled while a BB has twin spark plugs and dual ignition. If you are lucky you will have kicked and ramped pistons inside and a counterbalanced full pressure crank with Miller rods.

BBR

Ross Pistons

Miller

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee - SJ, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:30 pm:

Mark, thanks for the correction on the metric plug size.

Tim is exactly correct in his description of the spark plug layouts and heating duct use of the various models.

I have a BB and a BBR. The BB is ready to be installed if I can find the time. The BBR will have to wait until I can afford to build a bottom end like Frank's monster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Magee - SJ, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:30 pm:

Mark, thanks for the correction on the metric plug size.

Tim is exactly correct in his description of the spark plug layouts and heating duct use of the various models.

I have a BB and a BBR. The BB is ready to be installed if I can find the time. The BBR will have to wait until I can afford to build a bottom end like Frank's monster.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 11:50 pm:

If you look at the first photo, you will see an explosion whistle under the exhaust manifold. Clever way to use the extra plug hole on the left. It's a BB model, as others have stated.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration