Tie-down Hooks

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Tie-down Hooks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:39 pm:

Donnie Brown came up to me at Chickasha with a matched set of 4 tie-down hooks in his hand. He thought they might come in handy on my new pickup bed which I had bought from him and rebuilt. The hooks were rusty, but otherwise intact. I blasted them and painted them a few days ago, then got around to installing them today.

hook

To my surprise, the bolt holes in the hooks were spaced exactly the same as the ones in the flare board irons on the bed! So this little addition worked out WAY better than either of us had imagined. Good, clean livin' pays off again! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 06:41 pm:

I like them! What does the lettering on the side say?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 07:00 pm:

Mark -- I didn't notice. I'll check that when I'm at the shop tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John P. Steele, Montana on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 08:05 pm:

Mike that's way to pretty for a Model T Box. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:10 pm:

Looks to me like 204 C. Mike can check and see if that's right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Monday, April 06, 2015 - 09:20 pm:

I have a few of those around.The top is supposed to be an acorn.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration