What coils are this??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: What coils are this??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 01:44 pm:

I just found this on Ebay and wonder what are these coils and in what car were they used?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MODEL-T-FORD-ERA-COILS-/321715778974?hash=item4ae7c1359e &vxp=mtr

Thanks
Andre
belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Interesting. Already sold, and for $100 maybe for a bargain. I do not know early coils well enough to identify the make or model coil, or even whether or not they were originally for a Ford. But I would guess they were from about 1910 to 1912.
I do hope one of our early coil experts will come in and tell us all about them.

(My comments as much as anything are to kick this back to the top)
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

1911 Kingston metal covered units.from parts book.charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:14 am:

Could it be these coils??

http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/5790

Thanks
Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:41 am:

Wayne is correct; they are the Kingston coils used for a short time in 1912. Andre, the ones you have linked to are Kingston used earlier, in 1909 and 1910.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 08:25 am:

ford parts book july 1st 1911 page 25 kingston coil {1911 type-metal covered units}. charley

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration