Return Guest again in part of T parts storage bldg

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Return Guest again in part of T parts storage bldg
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 02:16 pm:

I had a request from a Houston T club member for some more pictures, I hope there is no family connection???? Mom watching me from window. The two young ones have their wings spread and they are making sounds like they are trying to puke. (They try to gross you out as a means of protection)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By keith g barrier Savannah Tn. on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 03:28 pm:

Believe me, they can and will puke on you! Don't even ask. KGB

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Clark-Deer Lodge, Tn on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:39 pm:

Around here, they are everywhere. What ever you do, Don't hit one with your car, it will puke when you do. I've been told, it's better to just get rid of the car, then try clean it!
We will get 5-15 of them out front, when a deer or, any other road kill lay's out there. They will stand on the road with their wings out, and play chicken with you. Don't hit it!

Pat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 11:27 am:

Must be kin to the Foo bird.
Story:
A sportsman hunter was planning a trip into Africa's wild back country and was getting supplies from a local supplier. The owner of the shop asked where he was going and after being told he advised the hunter that if he ever saw the rare Foo bird to never shoot one. Why asked the hunter? Well if you ever shoot a Foo bird, Foo birds from miles around will come and crap all over you. And if that should ever happen do not wash it off or something dire will happen. Well sure enough the hunter did see a Foo bird and shot it dead. Soon the skies darkened with Foo birds that eliminated all over the hunter. It was a terrible stink and the hunter dived into a stream and washed himself off. At that point a lightening strike hit and killed the hunter. The moral of the story; If the Foo shits, wear it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 12:42 pm:

I nailed one several years back, as it lifted off it's "dinner". It just cleared the top of my trucks windshield but hit the front of my enclosed trailer where it disgorged its full load. It took me an hour with the pressure washer, a scrub brush and a bucket of soap to clean up the mess. The stench was indescribable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Years ago there was a Far Side cartoon that contained 2 of these birds. They were perched on a desert cactus. There were a couple of identical frames with no caption. Then, in the last frame one said to the other, "I don't care what you say. I'm gonna go kill something!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

Willie,

Those are the most adorable T Parts Birds you have. We can't seem to get them to roost at our place at Fayetteville. All they do is circle above me.

I guess we don't have enough parts.

Ken without Parts Birds

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willie K Cordes on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Ken, if they are doing a circle above you, I would recommend you check your pulse, they may know something that you do not. (they always look for a ready meal)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 04:04 pm:

Willie, I hope Momma bird isn't casing your farm for her next dinner!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Lovejoy, So Cal on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:38 am:

very cool ,thanks for sharing. living here in LA never get to see stuff like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 01:09 am:

What are they? Look a bit like a turkey.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:28 am:

Black vultures, also called buzzards.
Willie has been visited by them several years:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/193934.html?1298998832
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/257047/280145.html?1333635349

(Message edited by Roger K on April 09, 2015)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 09:42 am:

"Up here" in Ohio we call 'em Turkey Vultures"and also Turkey Buzzards...ours have a lot of red skin on their heads. They're so ugly they're cute.
We'll see a half a dozen of 'em feasting on road kill or a dead animal in the farm fields. Few years back our neighbors two doors down had 5 of 'em roosting on their roof the first year their house was built. Wish I had a pic of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 04:43 pm:

They are called turkey vultures around here also. They are large birds by North America standards.

True story. This happened just outside Laytonville, a small town in the middle of nowhere on highway 101 in Northern Califunny.
A small rabbit was hit by a car a bit South of town. Lots of people around town lived or worked around the area and had driven by. Many people later reported that the turkey vulture had been working on the rabbit when they came along, waiting a bit, then taking off just ahead of the car and flying into a nearby tree. The bird would then fly back down to try to work on the rabbit some more, only to be interrupted by yet another car. A solid dozen different drivers admitted to interrupting the bird. After awhile, the bird apparently got tired of the interruptions, as along came still another car. So the bird waited a moment. Grabbed the rabbit and spread the wings and started to flap. Harder and wider flapped the wings as the bird slowly began to rise dragging the dangling carcass of the rabbit. One foot off the ground, two feet, three feet, and---. Smash against the windshield, right in front of the driver. The added weight of the rabbit had been too much. The poor fellow driving wound up with dying and bleeding big bird on his chest and lap. The dead and rotting rabbit was there also, along with glass from the destroyed windshield, and the egg that the female bird was about ready to lay that was popped out by the impact. The entire inside of the car, and driver, were covered in debris of many disgusting types.
This was the talk of the town for weeks. And, yes, it was said that the car was junked and destroyed after the incident.
Do drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phil Mino, near Porterville on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:17 pm:

Every once in a while, this neighborhood cleanup crew pays us a visit.

cleanup4

cleanup2

cleanup3

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration