Henry Ford

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Henry Ford
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 05:16 pm:

Henry Ford passed away on this day 68 years ago.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rose on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:24 pm:

At least one and maybe all of you should be mad at Henry for manufacturing the T and causing all the grief you have experienced for many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 07:37 pm:

A little off-topic, but Billie Holiday was born on this date 100 years ago today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:14 pm:

So, Ron Patterson's initial post got me wondering - how many others on here have pictures of Henry hanging in their house? Here is mine (it came out of a long-closed Ford dealership in Connecticut - had been hanging in the main showroom since the late '20s):

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:42 pm:

I've never been to a T owner's house that didn't have at least one pic of the boss hanging somewhere. Here's my favourite, a 24" x 36" dead center in the living room.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Garrison - Rice Minnesota on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 08:46 pm:

Well he's in good company. My mother passed on this day 38 years ago. I've got a lot more photos of her in my house than him. But, I have got a photo of him as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 09:02 pm:

This portrait hangs in Ford's former summer home near Savannah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Wells, Hamilton Ontario on Tuesday, April 07, 2015 - 09:17 pm:

Here is the lobby of The Dearborn Inn in Michigan. Look above the fireplace.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:16 am:

I've got one in my house. It's just like Ron Patterson's... except of course mine is not autographed.

How much practice did it take until you got the signature correct Ron? ;O)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:25 am:

The little smirk on Ron Patterson's picture makes me suspect that Henry was up to something. :-)

I know that his Model T has given many people opportunities, joy and entertainment over many years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 11:10 am:

Jerry
Like most of us, HF's signature changed significantly over his lifetime.
Here is a compilation of HF signatures collected by Tim O' Callaghan as period examples of many original signatures that exist at the Benson Ford Research Facility.
Tim, an eminent Ford historian, organized the Ford Tri-Motor ascension at BFRC. Tim once told me HF never attended the Board of Directors meetings of that organization, but there is a HF signed letter designating someone to vote on his behalf with the formal records of the many BOD proceedings.
Original HF signatures start at $1000. I have seen them priced over $30,000 for historically significant documents relating to the dissolution/payments agreements between C. Harold Wills and HF and Edsel Ford.
If anyone is interested I can post a copy of the original 1944 Rescission of Power of Attorney where HF designated E.G. Liebold his personal secretary in 1918. It is fascinating to read a legal description of the immense power Liebold exercised over HF personal business affairs.
Ron the Coilman

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 02:00 pm:

Sorry got the attachments mixed up. Here is the signatures over the years.
Ron Patterson

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration