Photo Re-sizing

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Photo Re-sizing
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 12:33 am:

Have been having a problem with the http://www.picresize.com/ site. Mark S. tells me the site was hacked... Any alternative suggestion(s)? Thanks!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:27 am:

Try another, there are several free online photo resizers: http://goo.gl/g9WY6O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rod Barrett - Anderson, IN on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:39 am:

http://www.irfanview.com is a free app which allows you to manipulate images and re-size as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Just about every computer has the ability to re-size the photos that you have stored on it. In windows all you have to do is a right click on each photo and then go to edit, then go to resize. Pretty simple. I finally "upgraded" to a MAC and can do it from the computer also, altho the commands are a bit difference. Learning curve here! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 09:17 am:

One of the reasons I hated my Windows machine was that I could never find a way to see before resizing what the final file size would be. I had to resize and find out after the fact what size it turned out to be, then if it wasn't right, do it over. No such problem on a Mac. It shows you the Resulting Size before you click OK.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:37 am:

Having 'Windows 8.2' provides much frustration, having too many 'layers' which need to be navigated... Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Will give it a go!
Marv

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By ROBERT BERGSTADT on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 10:42 am:

Download paint shop pro, free and easy to use, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 03:30 pm:

Was able to go back to http://www.picresize.com/ and re-size..... Just don't know 'How?', being the computer dummy. Thanks for the tip, Bob. I'll check it out and hope it makes more sense to me. Maybe it's the 'Windows 8 thing' that complicates matters????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marvin Konrad on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 04:19 pm:

Downloaded 'Paint Shop Pro X6' with two updates, and find it to be a '30-Day Trial'. No malware evident with my WebRoot protection.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 05:02 pm:

Marvin, good to see you're back in the picture resizing business!

I use Paint Shop Pro X3 on my Windows XP machine. After the 30 day trial, I was so happy with it that I ponied up and paid for the permanent version.

That said, as others have mentioned, there are free programs out there that can resize pics, do a Google search on "picture resizing software MTFCA" to find earlier threads on the subject.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 05:21 pm:

I second the vote for Irfanview. Great program that can do much more than resizing - and it's free.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 06:26 pm:

looks like this might work if my camera would take the same size pics every time.but it wont so that leaves a lot of guess work!!!!! charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 07:03 pm:

Steve, that's true, but it did seem to work fairly easily overall. I'm still learning my MAC, I've only tried re-sizing for practice twice a few weeks ago and I've already forgotten how. I have a tutorial bookmarked though to refer to, so I think I'll try it again tonight just for practice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 08:53 pm:

Tim, here are the steps. [1] Make a copy of the picture. (You want to keep the full size original in case you need it later.) [2] Open the copy. [3] Click Tools at the top of the screen. [4] Click Adjust Size. [5] Adjust the number in the Height box until Resulting Size is 194 KB. I keep the height down to 720 pixels or less so the picture won't be too tall for the screen. [6] Click OK. Done. You may find that the resized picture shows up as more than 200 KB. As long as the Resulting Size was 194 KB or less, that won't matter. The picture will work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 09:19 pm:

http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/downloads/get/347439

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration