1st drive after a long winter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 1st drive after a long winter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 08:31 am:

1926 Model T Ford, Paul and I take Seabiscuit out for fast, first run in the snow. After over 5 months ( well not exactly, it was 1 night a week and not every week at that, we had to take most of February off due to many big snow storms) spent rebuilding 1st the rear end, then the transmission and finally the engine, it was time to put Seabiscuit back together and take the mighty steed out for a test run. It was only fair that I let Ken or Paul have the honors of the first drive, as they were responsible and did most of the work. So here we go, Saturday March 28, 2015 with it snowing out, Paul and I are test driving Seabiscuit and he performed like the champion that he is.

Happy motoring,

Warren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF8YcfkTQAw&feature=youtu.be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 02:51 pm:

What a great thing it is to be able to shoot video and share it like that. Were you worried about the salt on the road? We don't have to worry about that in SoCal but I was just thinking that would be an issue for me if I lived in the snow belt.

Vintage Paul, looking forward to a weekend jaunt myself . . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 06:47 am:

Hello Paul and thanks for asking. I was not overly concerned about salt on the road, because it had rained before and washed it away. Also it was spitting snow, but nothing was sticking and the city of Haverhill was not treating the roads. As commented with the video we had spent the winter overhauling the drive line and this was the very first time the car was started after all that work. We needed to check it out before we brought it back home to New Hampshire.

Happy motoring,

Warren

earlier that day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfxktc9amzY

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 07:27 am:

What is all that white stuff in the first video? I have had Seabiscuit out many times (after a complete rebuild) and each time out he runs better and better. Yesterday was almost seventy degrees here in southern New Hampshire and I went for a long drive, ending up in Goffstown before coming home. That means a 3 1/2 mile up hill drive all the way. I was watching my moto-meter and never even saw any red at all. Last year it would go all the way to thee top!

Happy motoring,

Warren

1926 Model T Coupe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WySbdUYqjEk

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Eaton on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 10:36 am:

Hi Warren, I am pleased you have your T working so well. We got our first chance yesterday to go for a drive in the Coupe. Nice sunny day 48 degrees and dry clear roads ( lots of snow on the sides still). If you haven't done so you might like to watch the movie "Something New "(1920) Staring Nell Shipman on you tube. Its not a Ford but you will appreciate the driving. Enjoy the drive, John

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration