New tool,Hand crank sleeve bushing.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New tool,Hand crank sleeve bushing.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Today I finished up making a sleeve bushing driver. I had an early pan that had a hand crank stuck in it,and after I heated it got the hand crank out.I found the bushing to be very badly worn/rusty,and unusable. I made this tool from a 9 inch piece of rear axle. It has two sholders,one about 0.030 less than 3/4 and 3/4 long. The other is about 0.030 less than 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches long. I tapped the sleeve forward to jar it loose and then reversed the tool and tapped it inward(toward pan).It fell out and now the pan is ready go to blaster for cleaning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 04:48 pm:

I've used similar drivers, but sometimes you meet up with something like this.

Then you have to resort to surgery.

Are you using one of these, or stock?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 05:18 pm:

I have one stock one left,but I have a couple pans yet to refurbish. Didn't you buy those bushings at local Hardware?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, April 08, 2015 - 05:53 pm:

Picked them up at a bearing/bushing store in Wichita when I was in the big city.

http://catalog.buntingbearings.com/category/cast-bronze-bearings

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration