Old Photo, thumbing his nose?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Old Photo, thumbing his nose?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:00 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:01 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 02:40 am:

I'm sure that Allan Bennett & Dave Chantrell will know that road in South Australia very well??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:23 am:

The front two cars appear to be 1913 tourings (assumes that the left hand car if it was a runabout still had the turtle deck and the people would not be standing on the turtle deck). The right one is easy -- the open door goes all the way down to the sill. The left one has the typical 1913 windshield that folds forward -- but windshields can be replaced easily and neither car appears new. As always -- I wish we could have a better resolution of the photo. Why? Notice the open 1913 door on the right touring. The normal 1913 has the door handle coming up through the top of the door. What is the diagonal item running from the door handle to the latch? Perhaps the door trim coming loose?

Great photo and thank you Erich and others for sharing the early photos with us.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 08:19 am:

hap. i think that is the remains of the trim what you can see all around the edge of the door.i think. Charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:31 pm:

Hap,

Notice how the two front cars have their acetylene gas lines run across the front of the radiators?

I never really thought about it but the radiators would have to have the gas line soldered in reverse for the RHD cars. The radiators on both these cars either have the LHD brass gas tubing or none at all.

Also, they are using the flip side of the US dash because the horn is mounted "upside down" to our way of thinking (US). My dash is drilled for either LHD or RHD so I see why the horn is mounted like that. It will not mount the other way when used on a RHD car.

It may be that all dashes were supplied from Detroit. I don't recall seeing any RHD production line photos though.

I wonder what the RHD cars use to cover up the mixture hole in front of the passenger, the same data tag but on the left side?

Maybe our friends from down under can show us a RHD dash inside the car view.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:21 am:

I covered up my extra mixture control hole on my 1910 with a brass clock!

Alan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration