Car stuff in Florida in the next two weeks?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Car stuff in Florida in the next two weeks?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 10:51 am:

Going to Florida for two weeks vacation with my family tomorrow :-)

I've looked for car related museums and -meets in the southern part of Florida on the net, but haven't found much..

I've found a swap meet in Ormond Beach sunday 12th, a couple of car related museums in Sarasota - and Edison & Ford's summer homes in Ft Myers.

We'll be in Orlando 11-13 April, Ft Myers 14-17, Miami Beach 18-19 and back in the Orlando area 20-24th april.

Of course there's a limit to how much car stuff I can force feed my family - but I'd love to hear about any old car related stuff I may have missed in my search.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:28 pm:

Antique Car Museum in Fort Lauderdale has an amazing collection of Packards. Web site is antiquecarmuseum.org. They are open during the week and sometimes on the weekend but call first if you plan to go.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:31 pm:

PM sent to you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Conger on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 12:32 pm:

oops, Roger, I just realized your schedule will not place you near us on the date that I sent to you in PM.

Enjoy your stay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 01:55 pm:

Hi, Roger. I'm sorry your schedule doesn't allow you to be in St. Petersburg on the 11th. I'm sure Scott told you what the Suncoast Ts have going on that day. It would be great to meet you and your family.

I wanted to say that if you visit the museum in Sarasota it is not quite as well done as in years past. However, if you go there be sure to visit the classic car sales agency around on the South side of the same building. They always have many very neat cars for sale. You might even find something you can't live without. :-)

You should make the Ford and Edison summer homes and Edison laboratory a high priority. Several Model Ts there including one especially rigged out for the vagabonds camping trips. Visiting the homes and gardens is something your family will enjoy as well.

I hope you all have a wonderful vacation. Regards, Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John A Voss on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 03:47 pm:

http://tacm.com

their web site says it all -- they have a few " Ts "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 04:02 pm:

Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing and Classic Car Museum, I-75 South of Ocala. If you a fan of drag racing this is a must see. Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:04 pm:

And...in the antique car building at the Garlits Museum, there rests a very nice low miles original 1927 Ford touring :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ben Umberger on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:59 pm:

While Florida has the stage let us invite anyone near St.Petersburg/Clearwater/Tampa to join us each 2nd Saturday of the month. SuncoastTclub.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Phillip Maurici on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:45 pm:

Go to the Edison-Ford Winter Estate in Fort Myers. Look it up on net.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration