New exhaust

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New exhaust
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 03:22 pm:

I had a friend of mine build an exhaust system for the speedster I started. I first put a 27 block on the pan and then bolted one of Mark Chaffins overhead Rajo's in place. Using Marks flange for a pattern we then made 3 separate flanges out of stainless. Then using stainless mandrel bends, megaphone and 3" straight tube, proceded to cut, bend, reshape and weld all the pieces together. If you think bending stainless to match the sweep of the body without distorting it is easy, please let me know how. Once the basic header pieces were shaped they were sent off to be polished before welding together. A mount was made at the back of the body to support it as it is all one piece. We then blocked the system in place, removed the block and head and built a frame to support the system in the exact location. Now we will make a 5 piece hood to fit the car and after that is completed we will send the system off and have is polished complete.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 03:26 pm:

Does your support allow for movement due to thermal expansion?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem - SE Michigan on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 03:27 pm:

By the way, VERY nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 04:26 pm:

Very nice pipes and brackets and it bolts up to the new ultra clear Model T engine block too.
Is that an indian head on the radiator shroud?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 05:36 pm:

Having seen Toms speedster "in the flesh" I look forward to seeing its progress towards completion.......and I just love those stainless Buffalo's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 06:25 pm:

Yes Dennis this is a politically correct speedster. Runs on wish full thinking. And yes that's an Indian head. I found that at Chickasha 20 yrs. ago. Thought it would be cool on a speedster. Funny how cars go together. I saw the wheels on a 13 roadster Ed Archer was selling at Bakersfield in 04, I believe. Thought they would be cool on a speedster. Bought and sold the car, but kept the wheels. Thought at one time I would sell them, so took them to Chickasha, had a few lookers but nobody pulled the trigger. If they had, this car would not be being builtnow.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration