Best packed parcel ever

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Best packed parcel ever
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Moruya, NSW, OZ on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 06:27 pm:

I recently received a Waukesha Ricardo head that I'd bought from John Tannehill in Mississippi.
I'd like to publicly thank John for going the extra mile with the deal......mainly, the incredible lengths he went to to pack it for the trip to Australia.
He made a wooden crate for it, the sides and ends of which were made from 2"x 6" and the tops and bottoms from ten ply. All this was held together by extra long (Torx or similar) screws. The head itself was wrapped in clear plastic and then all the spaces were filled with expanding foam. On its arrival I had to take it around to a mates workshop in order to access tools to unscrew the strange(to me) headed screws. Even with all the tools I needed, it still took me the best part of half an hour to get at the head. (Which is a little beauty, too)
All up, it was without doubt the best packaged item I have ever received.
Well done, John. I appreciate the efforts you made.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 09:04 pm:

My fellow Scot I hope you enjoy your period correct speedster I also hope you found the spark plugs that were in the foam too. I have been accused before of over packing but I wanted to make sure it arrived intact and ready to serve your needs, I didn't want you to receive the item only to find it unusable. I have received items that have been damaged and would have cost more to repair than to replace. That is not what I wanted for you. Your words are too kind, cheers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:57 am:

John, A good trip back from Chickasha?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Hylen- Central Minnesota on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 09:53 am:

No doubt about it, John is one of the good guys.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration