Well i ain't never!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Well i ain't never!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:26 pm:

A farmer one mile away made 92 and passed on.He had been sick for about a year so it had been a while since i last saw him .Grandma got me dressed up in something other than bibs and off i went.When i got inside at the funeral home my friend looked different and i didn't know a soul in the place.I found a chair and set for a while then a woman walked over and shook my hand.She told me she was Darwin's wife and asked who i was?? Soon a dim light came on that i was there to see my friend Dewy off!!!!!!!!! Maybe tomorrow i will get it right?? Dumb but well intended Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Garnet on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 07:41 pm:

Yes, it happens. Similarly, there's nothing worse than going to a Saturday auction on Sunday !!

Garnet

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 08:00 pm:

Sometimes on an week-long HCCA tour a couple is enjoying the ride and the scenery, but wondering why they haven't seen any other old cars. Then they wake up to the fact that they're driving Thursday's tour on Tuesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 08:08 pm:

Bud, my grandparents died in February 1960 on the same day (6 hours apart and neither knowing the other had died). Hard on my dad, who was their only child. At the funeral home during the visitation, one couple came up and began explaining that they were neighbors, and a long story about their relationship. It was about five minutes into the conversation that things start not matching exactly. Turns out that the funeral home had sent them to the wrong parlor. The sympathy was genuine, just misdirected.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Dwyer in Troy, New York on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 02:40 pm:

A girl in the city is sick and calls her mother to whine about her troubles.
"Oh, poor baby", the mom says. "Let me come over to help. I'll bring a pot of fresh chicken soup and loaf of my bread. And while I'm there I'll do all the laundry, clean house, go grocery shopping for you and cook a weeks worth of suppers which we'll put in the freezer for when Paul comes home at night."
"Paul?" the girl says. "Who's Paul"?
"Dear, Paul is your loving husband".
"But my husband's name is Steve. . . . . Is this 276-8441?"
"No. . . . this is 276-8414 !"
"Oh. . . . does that mean you're not coming?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 03:18 pm:

Scott,I think you should find that woman's phone number and we will all call her!! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 09:03 am:

Years ago, my wife and I were invited to a party at a friends house. We had been to their house many times but they live on one of those streets where all the houses look pretty much alike. There were a lot of parties going on that night on that street (I think it was New Years' Eve). We walked into what we thought was our friends' house, starting enjoying ourselves and helping ourselves to the food and drinks. Well, you guessed it. We were in the wrong house!!! Man, did we leave there in a hurry!!!.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Ohio on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 12:53 pm:

OH so that was you Marty!...Please forward $43.50 for the food and drinks!:-)

Your story reminded me of a News Years party my wife and I were hosting for friends and family one year. We invited around 50 people and figured food and drinks for 60 because sometimes people bring others with them. Well...at one count my wife and I believe there were 200 people at the house. Everyone had brought additional guests because they knew we would'nt mind. You want to talk about scrambling around for additional food and drinks! We survived and I think that may have been the last New Years Eve party we hosted I think we went out after that until the children arrived.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration