New rear lights on my '27

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: New rear lights on my '27
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 09:08 pm:

My '27 roofless 4 door (I don't want to get into the tourer/touring debate) is coming along. I have checked both front and rear axles, all fine, changed the plugs and oils and got it running. The checks have be done so I can get the car fully registered here in NSW.

I have added new rear lights as well as direction indicators, we need yellow indicators here. I thought of going with hand signals but figured that the following cars would just think I was giving them the finger. By the way, the parking lights are on in the pic but as it was daytime they are not showing up well. They also work as high level brake lights.

There you go, a bit of an update.

Paul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 10:29 pm:

I see what you mean Paul, I use the arm method but its only good for one direction. My car was imported from USA in 09 and they made them fit a high level brake light (in the rear window). Apparently I can remove it now but it is a great safety feature especially with no blinkers. Its funny how its ok to have only one tail light (and its on the wrong side) but they needed a high stop light lol.
I would like to fit blinkers as I drive mine every day but not until I design a very discreet method. We are a bit luckier here in NZ than NSW as I dont have to fit them by law because of the age plus red to the rear and white to the front is legal, (in heaps of 50's to 70's cars this was standard).
Hope you have a good run with her
Kevin
Rear Right Lake Pukaki

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Hunter, Lithgow, NSW Australia on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 10:51 pm:

Hi Kevin, nice car. I didn't need to add either the parking/brake or blinkers to register the car but feel, in this day and age, they are essential.

Cheers, Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Weeds on Thursday, April 09, 2015 - 11:28 pm:

Yes especially if you live in a city or among traffic lights, I'm lucky as I dont.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration