2 man top touring

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 2 man top touring
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Gates on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 12:42 am:

I have a bundle of bows and rotten wood in between. Also have a model T that is across between 1921 touring an 1922 I believe. The top connection is only on the front behind the door and equally back on the drivers side. I replaced all of the wood in the back portion, so that location is not known to me. As well as the top puzzle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Royce in Georgetown TX on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 07:58 am:

Sounds like you are asking where the top irons should be mounted? The picture you posted appears to be a set of 1918 - 1922 top bows, plus some extra top sockets.

You will need to first make sure that you have the proper top irons, then seek a car similar to yours so that you can make measurements to determine where they need to be mounted.

These are top irons:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Jack,

If you are giving us an update on your project your post is great like it is. If you have a question or two, you may want to state them again for some of us slower folks like me who missed them the first time.

If you wanted to know about how to install a 1915-1922 top please see the postings below. Excellent illustrations on spacing etc and photos.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/229470.html?1313853765

For the spacing for the body irons in the body that the top irons attach to for a touring 1915-1922 that is shown below:

That illustration has been posted before and is available in the original "FordOwner Magazine" the book available from the vendors titled "The Model T FordOwner" and probably other sources as well.

Note a 1922 touring would probably have a 3 piece rear seat tub and a 1921 and earlier would probably have 5 piece rear tub. But the spacing for the top irons should be the same as the tops were interchangeable.

There are also some excellent posting on rewooding the top irons. If you want information on that just ask and I'm sure folks can help you out with suggestions etc.

Again if you had some specific questions recommend you reword them and share them again. I'm just guessing that if you had questions they would be related to the information above.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:35 am:

Jack,I have some of those irons and I currently have three sets of two-man top bows,ready to go. Contact me if I can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Martin Vowell, Sylmar, CA on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 04:24 am:

Those top irons are not from a 22, they look more like 21's. A 22'are longer. They also are not straight like those are, they've got sort of a swooping look to them

The two holes on the bottom of the bar bolt to the front seat box. The holes in the seat box are staggered at 10, which causes the iron to be turned slightly forward as well.

And they're a wee bit longer than the 21'a too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 09:25 am:

I still have a set.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration