I would buy it if closer to Washington

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: I would buy it if closer to Washington
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 07:47 am:

Seems like a good buy for someone out West, with all the accessories

Hope someone in the MTFCA gets it before it sells

Seems like it was just listed for under 3000 dollars ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-T-Depot-Hack-/201327047089?forcerrptr=true&ha sh=item2ee006f1b1&item=201327047089

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 07:48 am:

Sorry seems alert readers have already posted it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Jablonski on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:26 am:

Put a block of wood to raise fenders, solves problem of sagging front spring !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 09:09 am:

Listing now says "Sold".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John C Codman on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 10:53 am:

For some reason, about half of my posts disappear. I did post yesterday on this thread, and it's gone today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:37 pm:

I AM in Washington and was looking at it but got off the fence too late. Don't know who bought it but I don't think they got cheated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Kriegel Mishawaka Indiana on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:39 pm:

OK so who here hopefully bought it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 03:29 pm:

I think someone got a good start on an entry level Model T. They won’t know for sure how lucky or not they were until they look at the engine, transmission, rear axle etc. But from the photos it looks promising. It is a 1923 low cowl firewall and 1917-1923 front finders without the lip. It has a 1925 engine serial number and that would be my guess on why it was titled as a 1925. It will make a nice huckster, depot hack, speedster, etc. and it could even be the basis for a future chassis to install an original body supplied by Ford. Picture attached so folks can see what it looked like when they check the forum next month etc. It sold for $2700 which was a very reasonable price in my mind considering it had a Ruckstell, Rocky Mountain Brakes, and 1926-27 wire wheels. No it did not run, head was removed etc. I suspect the body was a recreation and not an original period body -- but I'll others more knowledgable about the accessory bodies comment on that.

Low cowl 1923 metal firewall (also used as a replacement for the 1917-1922 cars) and 1917-1923 front fenders.

Respectfully submitted,
Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 06:31 pm:

I got a text from one of our club members saying he bought it. It will go great with all his other cars and he has a bunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 10:36 am:

All good info, Hap. But lots of the body details lead me to believe it's an aftermarket body from the 20's, not a homemade one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 05:11 pm:

Hi guys I was the one who bought the truck,I didn't really need another T but at that price,....well I could resist And that Poor little truck need a good home.
The odd thing for me was I live close to Seattle WA but I'm all the way down at Bakersfield this week looking for t parts and end up buying one so close to home.
I have not seen the truck yet but would like to hear more about the opinions of this body. thanks in advance. mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 06:28 pm:

For Mike Walker -- you could easily be correct that it was an after market body from the 1920s. You have looked a lot more of those than I have had a chance to look at.

For Mike Conrad -- Below, I've posted a few more of the photos for discussion. Once you see the body you will be able to tell folks if it appears to have a lot of modern plywood in it (usually a sign that it was built or rebuilt after the 1920s) and other details about the body. Congratulation on your new purchase. I think you “did good” even if the body is not worth that much. And if it turns out that it was an original accessory body from back in the day -- then "bonus!"

Photo 1 right front 4/5 view

In the above photo I wonder if the same color paint was used on the truck body and the fence? And that led me to wonder if the same wood was used on both? By the way it looks like nice wood for a fence so if they used some of it to rebuild the body -- that could be fine.

Below photo 2 left 3/4 front view

Below photo 3 gas tank area

Below photo 4 steering wheel and front cab

Above the body to frame brackets with the space to adjust some, would lead me to think original body but the metal floor front floor board bodies look like modern items to me. But again -- I haven't seen any trucks with that style of floor board riser -- there could be lots of them. Or they could be a replacement the current or previous owner made.

Below photo 5 the transmission area showing the floor board risers and the body to frame bracket.

Below photo 6 rear view of vehicle:

Below photo 7 zoomed in on the left side of the tail gate.

Above the iron work on the side brace appears to be from a vintage vehicle. The other side seems to match.

Hopefully some one can find a match or close match to one of the know truck bodies offered back in the day.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 06:52 pm:

Thanks Hap you bring up some good points. I really am excited now to look it over. I have have to admit I didn't notice the fence color but you are so right on that one. For the money payed I don't really expect an original body, but I'm sure open to it. I will for sure give a update as soon as it gets home later this week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Walt Berdan, Bellevue, WA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:13 pm:

Mike - I thought you were in the sick lame and lazy group and weren't supposed to do much of anything for another 8 weeks or so. OK, so it doesn't take much to move a mouse but you already have too many projects so what are you doing buying more cars and parts? When your arm works again you just need to fix your speedster and come play with us.

I hope Bakersfield treated you well and take care of that shoulder.

Walt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By mike conrad on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:53 pm:

Yes Walt I'm a little one armed for a while, a long while. My trips to Chickasha and now Bakersfield have been more social the buying this year. As for the car well I have a sickness. Best not to rationalize it too much. The speedster is still coming along and am happy to say I am making forward progress, I am down to some final assembly And hope to make a run this spring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 08:03 pm:

Mike - I have to say, for a "cripple", you seem to be getting around pretty well!

Congrats on the latest purchase, whether you feel you needed it or not. Personally, I think, considering the Ruckstell, Rockies, wire wheels and some great looking fenders, you got your money's worth right there! Looking forward to the "update" you spoke of after you and the car get home to make an assessment.

What I'm really anxious to hear about from you is your "assessment" and comparison of Chickasha and Bakersfield Swap Meets! For a working guy like you (sore shoulder or not) to have had a chance to attend both within just a few days of each other, you have undoubtedly had a very good (and valuable to the rest of us on the forum) opportunity to compare the two swap meets and should be able to help the rest of us decide which one is most beneficial to us Model T guys. Give us your opinion here on the forum Mike when you get a chance. You and I "kid around a lot", but seriously, I'm glad you had the opportunity to make both swap meets and I'm glad to hear you're obviously healing up okay from the shoulder surgery. I went through that rotator cuff surgery about 14 years ago and I know that it's a slow recovery process. Later,......harold

P.S. You did however, miss a rally exceptional CCMTFC meeting and breakfast this morning,....and you were missed!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 12:51 am:

Some of it looks like Martin-Perry, and some of it doesn't & Mine isn't where I can look at the metal parts and see if they match (most of the wood is already gone).
My vote is for an aftermarket body, too much looks "right" most home-made ones have obvious non-matching details.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 01:14 am:

Have to agree with you David; and especially convincing are the stamped sheet metal front floorboard risers. Those and all the other metal hardware are really neat!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 13, 2015 - 01:54 pm:

Here's a pic by someone else of a Martin-Perry front floor/dash area -- at least that's what the photo is labeled, chance it's not M-P, but some other maker.
M-P floor
And of a M-P Tailgate latch, note the stamped metal M-P "wing" one feature I don't see on this T.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration