Can I install rocky mountin brakes with Hasslers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Can I install rocky mountin brakes with Hasslers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:19 am:

Can Rocky mountin brakes be installed with Hassler shocks?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 08:37 am:

If you have pancake shocks they will just fit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 10:17 am:

Correct there.

The Pancakes are the only style that lets the rear Pancake bracket stand high enough over the brake drum to allow RM brake band to clear. Even then, sometimes a bit of grinding on the bracket for a bit more clearance is helpful.

Pancake Hassler on rear of '26

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - Melbourne Florida on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 12:17 pm:

Hard choice, safety or style, guess I will go with the brakes, anyone want to buy a complete set of Hasslers?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kohnke Rebabbitting on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 12:55 pm:

Put the front ones on, they do a lot of good.

The back one don't do any thing, but make the car lean when you go around a corner.

Herm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 01:58 pm:

OK one quick question, do pancake hasslers only fit 26/27? I once bought a chassie with them on it and would date it 23/25

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 02:44 pm:

Jerome

The Pancake Hassler was introduced Sept. 1924, long before the Improved Ford. The new pancake design had only one spring, did away with inventory of the previous design, which needed different coil springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Schwab on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 06:46 pm:

I think it was on here in an earlier post that AC brakes work OK with Hassler shocks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Friday, April 10, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

I have Ac brakes and pancake Hasslers on one of mine.

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration