Bakersfield Pics.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Bakersfield Pics.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:47 am:

Big show this year, weather sunny but mild.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n Los Angeles CA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:54 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 09:50 am:

Great pictures.
Thanks
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 11:20 am:

George,

Nice pictures .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 11:49 am:

George, Thanks for posting the pictures.

Does anyone know the dates for the Bakersfield Swap Meet next year?

Thanks, Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Putnam, Bluffton, Ohio on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 11:55 am:

Why would anybody post their Center Door for sale without a phone number on the sign. Must for the benefit of the wife "I really did try to sell it honey!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:24 pm:

RE: centerdoor w/o phone#. Possibly to get more traffic at their table with people asking??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:34 pm:

Maybe the guy just wants to give his sales pitch first, nothing unusual about that at a swap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Brancato on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 03:44 pm:

Thanks for the large pictures, George. I wasn't able to attend due to a work conflict and I'm scanning every pixel for a '15/'16 brass in the background.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 12:43 am:

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Next years swap meet is scheduled for the second Thursday of April....15??.
Enjoyed the swap meet, lots of brass and some good deals. I did well selling in space P. Signed up to be there next year. The best early car & parts swap meet in the West.
Sold an E & J side lamp that is going across the big pond.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 11:37 am:

I attended Saturday with my daughter and spent a record $15 for a set of rear axle bearings and a model t valve set cutter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 12:04 pm:

I thought this meet was one of the best. Sold a lot of stuff...and found some really needed stuff. I was hoping to meet up with some folks from the Forum, but none that I recognized. Getting ready for Auburn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:29 pm:

"I thought this meet was one of the best. Sold a lot of stuff...and found some really needed stuff. I was hoping to meet up with some folks from the Forum, but none that I recognized. Getting ready for Auburn."

Dittos here, John. I always hope to meet a few of the forum members if only to put a face to a name and exchange a few pleasantries. We need to devise some sort of recognition means so we can spot other forum participants.

Any suggestions from some of the clever folk among us ?

Dick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:42 pm:

The last time RDR and I met George frm LA I made up name tags for us to wear. Worked very well.
Sorry we missed it this year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Gorman on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 05:29 pm:

Here are a few pics I took while there.
Columbus-Firestone
White Bus
Overland Speedster for sale
Reo
Austin- one hp
1915 White truck
1914 Kissel Kar
IHC High wheeler
Ford Tri-Motor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard A Eddinger on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 06:47 pm:

The guy that had the center door for sale was there around the car most of the time so guess he didn't feel he needed to put a number on it. I almost forgot the Ford Tri Motor is going to be at the Lincoln Ca A/P in very early June. Rides are around $75 bucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John McGinnis in San Jose area, CA. on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:38 pm:

Based on other comments....I would like to see a listing of the spaces and the space owners(names, company, organization, etc,) I really wanted to find some folks, but never could.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:46 pm:

Great Swap,Car Show,Tour, great weather and lots of Rust and Oil. The Fair grounds extended the fence back 60 feet so we should have app. 50+ more spaces for next years 25th Annual show.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Thursday, April 16, 2015 - 07:09 pm:

Very nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 09:23 pm:

Here is a complete set of Bakersfield National Swap Meet pins from year 1,1992 to this years 24th meet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Charlton on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 09:29 am:

I missed out this time. Rats.

A big thanks to whoever found my Dad's missing Model A drum tail light, that dropped out his cart, and left it at the coffee stall

Will be back next year

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 09:49 am:

Mark,
Just curios - You said it was the 24th meet and there are 29 pins on the board????

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul O'Neil, Fullerton, CA, USA on Thursday, April 23, 2015 - 01:03 pm:

I love the picture of the Trimotor seeming to float directly over the camera while 21rst century contrails float above it. That picture seems to sum it all up.

Vintage Paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Stewart -Calif. on Sunday, April 26, 2015 - 10:47 pm:

The top row, The Model T Ford Club of Kern County 35 Anniversary pin 1999
The MTFCA Club pin.
The MTFCA 50th Anniversary pin. 2015
The MTFCKC 50th Anniversary pin. 2014
Should have noted that
Thanks Mark

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration