99th anniversary of my T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: 99th anniversary of my T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 12:26 pm:

Due to it's engine number my T should have been built on April 11th, 1916 (which matches with the cast date 4 5 16).
So I could not resist to enter the garage and interrupt the hibernation during the last 6 months.
Opening the gas tap lead to carburetor overflow - well I pulled the choke and pushed the starter button (battery reloaded some weeks ago) for priming, switch to battery and after a few uuh-uuh-uuh's it ran. With a rear tire loosing pressure and not having checked the old mate thoroughly I did not drive but was glad to have it brought back to life on it's anniversary day.

Happy Motoring !

Last autumn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Sam "POPS" Humphries...... Lexington, KY on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 12:45 pm:

My 16 Touring will be 99 on Mat 26, my mom will be 100 on June 4. She remembers riding in the middle of the back seat in a T so long ago.

Not sure if she will be able to get in for a ride but am hoping to have it there for her to see.16 T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 12:46 pm:

Birthday Celebrations are fun.

Not everything, nor everyone can have them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:06 pm:

Beautiful looking car; the very last of the brass breed.
Best wishes for a sunny, breezy, not-too-wet driving season!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:16 pm:

1916's are a rare bird. Many '16's and later are posing as '15's. Nice to see these.

Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Vitko on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:21 pm:

Its fun to look at what my 16 black smith built roadster pickup looked like before its modification. The torn sheet metal, dented up splay wood box and squeezed down tool box will be left as found but the running gear will be improved. Thanks for the great pictures!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bud Holzschuh - Panama City, FL on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:59 pm:

Here's a fun thing. In another year you'll be able to order one of these from the HCCA (Horseless carriage Club of America). There's a small fee for S&H, etc.)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:10 am:

Well - at least it will be one of these as I am in Germany:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 09:26 am:

Joerg -

Even though you're in Germany and might not be a member of the Horseless Carriage Club of America, the HCCA will be happy to honor your car and send you a badge. The cost is $5 for shipping and processing. Send $5 to Carlton Pate, 285 Forest Lane, Glastonbury, CT 06033. Please include a picture and year, make, model, body style, serial number, owner and address. Also include some of the car's history and how it survived all these years and how it was saved. But you have to wait until next year, when it will be 100 years old!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Severn - SE Texas on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 10:54 pm:

Joerg,

Nice looking car. Just a few days older than mine; casting date 4-11-16 and I think built on April 18, 1916. Love those cars; just the right amount of brass.

1916 Touring

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joerg Walther on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 01:20 pm:

@ Gilbert and Bud: Thank you for the hint. From my experience with parts delivered by Lang's I was afraid to pay more freight charge and import duty fees than the value of the delivery from the U.S. ... (not Lang's fault of course)

@ all: 1916 was my favourite for being the last 'brass year' - the cars just look so truly veteran but you don't have to polish too much shiny parts !

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration