O.T. period henderson exhaust question, adjuster?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: O.T. period henderson exhaust question, adjuster?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:36 pm:

I can't figure out what the adjustment device at the front of the exhaust can is for or what it would do? Anyone know?

Maybe there is such a thing as a muffler bearing after all?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Coco - Winchester Va. on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:43 pm:

I'd bet it's the equivalent of a cut-out on a car exhaust system, rotate lever and exhaust is not muffled but goes straight through....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:11 pm:

That must be it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 07:22 pm:

I wonder what the internal mechanism is?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Aaron Griffey, Hayward Ca. on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 09:24 pm:

maybe it's a Jake Brake.!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:15 am:

What if the rider is someone other than Jake? How is he going to stop?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 01:34 am:

I am more familiar with the mid-20's Hendersons, and by then their brake
consisted of a 3/4" wide external band on the rear wheel only. That four will
scoot you along better than my modern Harley would, but you're going to
need Jake and all his friends to get you stopped in an emergency !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erich Bruckner, Vancouver, WA on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 06:05 am:

Maybe you just pedal backwards to stop?

If its a cutout it must be all internal. Looks like that little arm rotates a cylinder that opens or closes to the baffle section or the straight pipe?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Ida Fls on Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 06:54 am:

Maybe something like this:

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration