Accessary steering --spring stabalizers

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2015: Accessary steering --spring stabalizers
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 01:52 pm:

I`m working on a 1916 which has those accessory springs people installed on the front axel, instead of fixing the bushings etc. to tighten things up properly. I don`t think these are offered by any current vendors but wondering if anyone might still have installation instructions---particularly for the right front wheel side.I`ve removed these from several of my cars but never tried to reinstall them after redoing the steering assemblies---Thanks, paul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 02:18 pm:

Paul

Rather easy, the spring type just clip in place.

They come left and right.

This is driver side, easy to clip on.

For the passenger side with the drag link, move the wheel outboard to gain space.

Slip in the 'finger' end, this spring is wider to clear the yoke.

Clip on to the tie rod.

In place.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By paul griesse--Granville,Ohio on Saturday, April 11, 2015 - 04:51 pm:

Perfect! thanks, Dan

Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.
Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration